Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operations auto-assigned loot problems

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Operations auto-assigned loot problems
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Greyhorse
01.30.2012 , 02:34 PM | #1
Okay my guildies and I have had issues with the "auto-assigned loot" in Operations.

1.) No matter what "Looting" setting we use it's "auto assigned" which we really have no problem with except it's assigning loot to players who can't use it and it's BOP while thier are players who could actually use the item so we are unable to trade / assign the loot correctly.

2.) we keep comming across Loot chests that have made the assignments but we are unable to pick-up Loot at all having to move on without taking the Loot.

We have sent in numerous tickets with accurate info ( time/date/operation/chest location..etc. ) with the standard "thankyou for your input - it has been directed to the appropriate department for review, unfortunately we won't be able to respond further, Blah Blah Blah " messages you get on just about all tickets so they can be closed.

How many others have had this issue and has anyone heard anything positive about a fix and/or players recieving the lost loot ? Now never recieving the loot is not an issue as much as a "fix" being installed. It's I guess more of game experience thing.

If this has been posted on earlier I appologize for being repedative but with all the stuff in the Forums these days and a pretty un-functional search engine I figured this is the best way to get a response... thx

Greyhorse
01.30.2012 , 02:59 PM | #2
??? nobody else has had this issue ?

Rhysling
01.30.2012 , 03:01 PM | #3
OPS in normal mode auto-assign loot. Since they are so easy you can pug them. More difficult modes allow master looter options.

Resallaprov
01.30.2012 , 03:01 PM | #4
If you are doing normal mode, you can't assign loot. EVER.

Yes, it's frustrating not to be able to assign loot on normal.

Greyhorse
01.30.2012 , 03:05 PM | #5
Thx for the clairification on the Auto-Loot question. Has anyone had the issue with being unable to loot chests ? We are able to loot coms/crystals, but unable to pick-up assigned loot (none) at some chests . ?

Couch_Goblin
03.28.2012 , 04:16 PM | #6
Wow this is completely ***********

the last 2 guild runs we did our healers got DPS gear and our DPS got healer gear
I hope they change this its ridiculas or at least make it so gear can be traded by
players that were present for the kill
The Bloodfury Legacy

Couch_Goblin
03.28.2012 , 04:18 PM | #7
lol another guildie just logged in and told me this is getting changed i really should read the news and patch notes
The Bloodfury Legacy

ferroz
03.28.2012 , 04:26 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Greyhorse View Post
Thx for the clairification on the Auto-Loot question. Has anyone had the issue with being unable to loot chests ? We are able to loot coms/crystals, but unable to pick-up assigned loot (none) at some chests . ?
I read somewhere that you can work around that by assigning the winner to be the op leader?

DavidBass
03.28.2012 , 04:39 PM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Good news! We announced at the Guild Summit that we're removing this "pre-destined loot" system from Story difficulty in Game Update 1.2.

BlackMink
03.28.2012 , 05:07 PM | #10
You know, it was a really good idea. I wish you could just improve it rather than throw it away. Normal mode raids are nice because of that loot system. Just have everyone loot the boss. Maybe they get something, maybe they don't. No muss, no fuss, no need for us to establish fancy loot rules.

But then we get to hard mode raids, and we are right back to old fashioned loot problems. When you happen to have 4 of the same class in the raid and two of that class's rakata item drops, it's a real PITA to distribute them. If you use the need/greed system, you run the risk of one person winning both. If you use the Master loot system, you run the risk of bugging out the loot.

By the way, the master looter system sucks.

You know what would be really nice in SWTOR raiding? An entirely new Master loot system. This is what I envision:

- Only the raid leader can loot a corpse. This prevents people from looting early when there may be dead people on their way back from the med-center.

- When the corpse or chest is looted, pop up a big window for everyone in the raid. This window would be similar to the auction house UI, capable of listing every item the boss has all at the same time.

- Individual players can 'opt-in' for each individual piece of loot. Everyone in the raid can see who has opted for what.

- The master looter can make sure everyone has 'opted' for the items they need to, and everything is taken care of. Loot is not distributed until the master looter hits a 'go' or 'accept' button.

- Each individual item would be randomly distributed (like need / greed) to the people who opted for it.

- People can change their mind and cancel their opt-in for an item before the master looter hits his accept button.

I described this idea to my raid group a while back, and the responce I got was "I wish we had that!". So please consider.