Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Different types of gear

Cilionelle
03.28.2012 , 01:33 AM | #1
Hey there,

I'm not really a new player, per se. I was able to play during the beta, and as a result preordered and was in from the start. I am, however, a n00b when it comes to MMOs, so was wondering if I could get a bit of help.

I've just earned enough Fleet Commendations for the Civvy Pilot outfit sold by the Starship Upgrades droid on the republic fleet. I'm also Social I and so can use the items. My question is this: with the correct mods, etc, will/can this set of orange armour be viable for me upto and including lvl50 and raid stuff? Or will it all change then? I'm enjoying my Jedi Consular not being in robes but in a pilots uniform instead. Additionally, what constitutes Battlemaster gear, why is it so important and will it be better than my orange stuff fitted with end-game mods?

Cheers!

Erevan_Kindelar
03.28.2012 , 01:37 AM | #2
All of the orange armor elements are viable up to lvl50, as long as you keep upgrading the armor attachments, mods and enhancements in the gear.

Baelish
03.28.2012 , 01:47 AM | #3
The best place to get enhancements is from the Commendation vendor. They're blue quality and don't cost precious Credits. Though with a full set of moddables you'll be needing to do lots of heroics and daily FP quests and bonus series to get enough to keep your gear up to scratch with commendations only, so you'll probably want to take Cybertech to make sure you've got mods available; sometimes they can be rare on the GTN.

Eternalnight
03.28.2012 , 01:55 AM | #4
Pilots outfit is viable to a light armor using class, as much as other orange light armor.
For heavy armor user it would not be.

Battlemaster gear is currently going to be better than any Orange gear could possibly be, as it is currently not possible to get their rating and fixed stats and set bonuses to an orange item.

After patch 1.2 the endgame purples are going to get to have removable armoring (or hilt/barrel) and it will be possible to pull them out and put them to an orange item.

Cilionelle
03.28.2012 , 03:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Erevan_Kindelar View Post
All of the orange armor elements are viable up to lvl50...
So once you hit 50, things change? That's what I'm not clear on.

Quote: Originally Posted by Baelish View Post
The best place to get enhancements is from the Commendation vendor...
I'm mostly making my own purple enhancements/hilts/crystals, so it's not a worry, and I have guildies and alts to help with armouring and such. These seem better than the commendations ones.

Eternalnight
03.28.2012 , 03:40 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Cilionelle View Post
So once you hit 50, things change? That's what I'm not clear on.
I repeat:

End game purple gear is currently going to be better than any Orange gear could possibly be, as it is currently not possible to get their rating and fixed stats and set bonuses to an orange item.

After patch 1.2 the endgame purples are going to get to have removable armoring (or hilt/barrel) and it will be possible to pull them out and put them to an orange item.

SpoeMeister
03.28.2012 , 03:47 AM | #7
Yes, everything changes at 50. First of all, it will be important to have two sets of gear, one for PvE (Operations, Hardmodes) and one for PvP (focused on expertise rating).

You will not get bonuses from orange gear as of yet, which is a loss.

However, starting 1.2, you will be able to extract mods from epic gear and put it in orange gear. So don't throw out that pilot uniform just yet.
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo