Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Giving weapons found to alt

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Giving weapons found to alt

SilverZai
03.27.2012 , 02:39 PM | #1
hi guys, is the noob again, lol anyway found some very cool weapons which my character dont need it, so i was wondering, is there anyways that we can actually pass the items to a alt character if i have under the same acct ?
Theres light in the darkness and the darkness in the light

Datamonger
03.27.2012 , 02:43 PM | #2
If the alt is on the same server, then you can mail the item (assuming the item is not "Bound"). Use a mailbox, located on any planet and scattered throughout (use your map if you're not sure where). Compose a new message with the recipient being your alt, and attach the item you want to send in the message.

Baelish
03.27.2012 , 04:23 PM | #3
If the equipment is "Bound", you can still pass it to that character's companions, so if it's useful to them, it's not completely wasted.

GymQuirk
03.27.2012 , 04:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Datamonger View Post
If the alt is on the same server, then you can mail the item (assuming the item is not "Bound"). Use a mailbox, located on any planet and scattered throughout (use your map if you're not sure where). Compose a new message with the recipient being your alt, and attach the item you want to send in the message.
Note that mail between factions is not permitted; your Jedi can't send stuff to your Bounty Hunter and so on. (1.2 supposedly has a Legacy option to allow transfers between characters on the same server + account.)

Eternalnight
03.27.2012 , 10:47 PM | #5
although you can trade items even now between your characters on republic and empire sides, if you go to the Hutt Cartell Trade Network in the Nar Shaddaa Lower Promenade, you can put it there to sell it and use your character on the other faction to buy it.

KorinHyvek
03.27.2012 , 10:50 PM | #6
Mind you, if you want to transfer funds back and forth via said trade network, prepare to lose a fair bit in the GTN's fee.