Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Primer on the Emperor

Temeluchus
03.27.2012 , 02:21 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ReaperFox View Post
I dont think Revan would have made a mistake with who he fought. I think the fight with Revan is also explained in the book that they delayed the Emperor's plans. Who knows, I do think that the Emperor can be killed, but it could be similar to Sidious who was able to transfer his life presence and abilities to other people or clones.
Revan could very easily been mistaken on who he believed he was fighting. The Emperor's Voice contains some of the power and essence of the Emperor and given how powerful the Emperor is, it's easy to see how a sampling of his power in the Voice could be mistaken for the Emperor's true form.

Fighting with Revan did indeed delay the Emperor's plans, but that doesn't provide direct proof that Revan fought the actual Emperor.

We have evidence that it is possible to stall the Emperor and his plans via the JK story. We know the JK fought the Emperor's Voice in the end and killed that vessel, the shock of the Voice being destroyed while unprepared severely weakened the Emperor's true form and has put his plans on hold until he recovers.

Apply that scenario to Revan,Meetra and Scourge's fight against the Emperor and it seems more plausible than a scenario where they fought the Emperor's true form,survived and Scourge was somehow deceived into thinking the Voice the JK killed was the actual Emperor.

The Emperor can transfer his essence to other bodies and he can be killed. In fact, I and others believe,he will be killed as an ultimate Operation boss in a future expansion. The Emperor is too dangerous to both factions and the galaxy as a whole to be left alive and he is too important of a villain to have been killed off in a single class's storyline.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.”

Ranadiel_Marius
03.27.2012 , 04:17 PM | #22
I think Temeluchus covered evrything nicely. Just two things I want to add.

Quote: Originally Posted by ReaperFox View Post
I dont think Revan would have made a mistake with who he fought. I think the fight with Revan is also explained in the book that they delayed the Emperor's plans. Who knows, I do think that the Emperor can be killed, but it could be similar to Sidious who was able to transfer his life presence and abilities to other people or clones.
How Revan delayed the Emperor's plans is explained in the Maelstrom prison flashpoint. After Revan was defeated, the Emperor started using Revan as a means of accessing the LS of the force. As a result of this, Revan was being corrupted by the DS. However at the same time, the connection between the two allowed Revan to slightly impact the Emperor's thought process making the Emperor be far more cuatious than he would have been on his own. This caused the Emperor to delay his plans. Additionaly Revan influenced the Emperor to make the Emperor believe that peace would be in his best interest resulting in the Treaty of Coruscant.

Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
The Emperor can transfer his essence to other bodies and he can be killed. In fact, I and others believe,he will be killed as an ultimate Operation boss in a future expansion. The Emperor is too dangerous to both factions and the galaxy as a whole to be left alive and he is too important of a villain to have been killed off in a single class's storyline.
I however am of the opposite school of thought that believes that for story reasons they will never make the Emperor into a operation boss because his corruption ability would make the encounter impossible from a lore standpoint. Also important storyline events aren't supposed to be in Operations, so if he were to be a group encounter boss, a flashpoint would be more likely....although my same reasons for thinking it won't happen still apply. Although I guess either an event in the JK storyline or a seperate flashpoint could result in his corruption ability being sealed. *shrug*
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Lord-Tuscinian
04.03.2012 , 06:30 PM | #23
You're probably getting tired of hearing this, but I cannot believe how well thought out and how well written that was! Based on all the evidence given so far and information given about both sides, I believe that Sourge was probably mistaken. The most convincing piece of evidence for me is that the vision he saw was not fulfilled.
Quote:
“In the vision, I bowed to you and took a crown from the Emperor's head. It ended when you held his power in your hands.”
Also, in the end of the Jedi Knight story, at the victory ceremony, Scourge says he will stay for however long it takes him to snuff out all of the Emperor's final tricks. If he's as good as the game and Revan novel have described him as, he may eventually discover that the one they killed was merely the Voice. This discovery could lead to the expansion of the story you were talking about (like you, I have no clue how BioWare plans to incorporate this new part of the story).
Quote:
"I do not require friends or protection. I will stay until I am certain the Emperor left us no surprises."
Also, in the novel, it is said that the "true" Emperor is a Sith Pure-Blood with completely black eyes (I'd quote if I could, but I don't have the book with me). If this is true, we have an idea of what the true Emperor looks like. If this is but another Voice, the Emperor will surface again...some day. Considering the possibilty of the Black-Eyed Pure-Blood being the true Emperor, well....that's obvious, the story isn't over and you keep looking for him. Continuing the possibility that the Black-Eyed Pure-Blood is another Voice, the Emperor may surface again quickly or maybe not for another century...perhaps even more considering the fact that he is technically immortal.

My theory is that the war may end without the Emperor ever rising until long after it's too late. Power struggles and attempts to gain the throne most likely tear apart the Empire, leaving it defenseless against the Republic (repetition of history, just like the Great Hyperspace War). Perhaps thousands of years later, after the fall of Palpatine's Empire, the end of the Yuuzhaan Vong War, etc. the Emperor will surface again and a new chapter in Star Wars Chronology will begin.

P.S. Pardon me if my message and/or quotes seem, "noobish" or unprofessional. I'm new to posting and commenting on forums. Many more apologies if I accidentally repeated a few things that may have been discussed by other people earlier.
Lord-Tuscinian
"The Force shall set me free"

Chaotic_Phoenix
04.11.2012 , 01:08 AM | #24
Thank you so much for this

Tfranco
04.11.2012 , 06:42 AM | #25
Very interesting stuff op. you pulled up stuff I didn't remember. Though the sw never met the emperors true voice (the JFK chapter III boss) just the one on boss, I assumed our next class quest is when we will meet our master. Correct me if I'm wrong, have been b4 lol

Ranadiel_Marius
04.11.2012 , 07:12 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tfranco View Post
Very interesting stuff op. you pulled up stuff I didn't remember. Though the sw never met the emperors true voice (the JFK chapter III boss) just the one on boss, I assumed our next class quest is when we will meet our master. Correct me if I'm wrong, have been b4 lol
O_o I have no idea of what you are trying to say here. Only thing I can really make heads or tails of is the "Though the sw never met the emperors true voice" bit. And that comment is wrong. The SW meets the Voice on Voss.

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

RepublicGurl
04.19.2012 , 12:05 PM | #27
This is how I see it. At the end of the JK Class Story, aboard

Spoiler

Makes me think the JK only destroyed the Voice, and people on the Republic side are in the dark to the true Emperor's whereabouts. While, in the Empire, a new stage of in-fighting and power-grabbing surges.

Knowing how BW likes to put in little breadcrumbs and clues out in plain sight, I take it to mean that something will eventually unfold, and the JK will probably look back at Scourge and think, "Talk about irony..."

In a way, Scourge's vision will come true, in that

Spoiler

In any case, I'm open to options.

Even more excited at the prospect of having another chance to rid the galaxy of darkness.
"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend..."

"Only a life lived for others is a life worth living for..."

Ranadiel_Marius
04.19.2012 , 01:39 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by RepublicGurl View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler

Aronean
04.19.2012 , 03:00 PM | #29
After the emperor "dies" at the end of the JK story he states that "if I must die then everything dies with me" and begins to crash the temple around him. I've always wanted to know if he is meaning something else entirely because "everything " is pretty small when he is just trying to crush the JK, his droid, and the handful of guards left. Wonder what happens then if he really dies.

RepublicGurl
04.19.2012 , 09:23 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
Spoiler
Ah, that makes sense. *nods*
"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend..."

"Only a life lived for others is a life worth living for..."