Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Possible Bug with (Trooper) Elara and Rewards?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Possible Bug with (Trooper) Elara and Rewards?

FAAmecanic
03.26.2012 , 09:11 AM | #1
Why are most rewards for Elara buffing her Aim and Cunning?? I thought she was a Trooper (healer)?? not a smuggler....

Or am I just assuming she is a trooper?

hadoken
03.26.2012 , 09:50 AM | #2
All her stuff should be Aim. As a trooper you shouldn't be getting any quest rewards with cunning. ALL your companions (including both droids) are heavy armor Aim.

va_wanderer
03.26.2012 , 02:00 PM | #3
And yes, it's an itemization screwup with Elara, they changed her dominant stat over just before the game got out of beta but didn't fix the quest rewards.

It's sorta like the whole techblade/techstaff thing. You can't find orange ones because they were added so late they're not completely populated in the drop tables- and won't be till 1.2.
Help unify PvP and PvE content- PvP+E! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=298731

hadoken
03.26.2012 , 02:17 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by va_wanderer View Post
It's sorta like the whole techblade/techstaff thing. You can't find orange ones because they were added so late they're not completely populated in the drop tables- and won't be till 1.2.
I think the problem with orange melee weapons that use the Aim stat is melee weapons don't use Barrels (there are no hilts with Aim).

I'm curious if this issue will be resolved in 1.2 or if they're just going to put 'orange techblades' in with no thought to what needs to go in them :P

iFruit
03.26.2012 , 10:05 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by FAAmecanic View Post
Why are most rewards for Elara buffing her Aim and Cunning?? I thought she was a Trooper (healer)?? not a smuggler....

Or am I just assuming she is a trooper?
I don't see it as an actual bug because all heals are tech abilities. They thus benefit more from cunning bonus than aim (a priori), but as aim is her primary stat they should be virtually the same for her. At one point I stacked on some more or less equal items with aim and cunning and let her do her thing in the same combat situation, it showed no actual difference in her performance.

A bug I did notice with her is no reputation gains at all on Quesh. Reported that with ticket but have yet to see an answer (as usual lol).

FAAmecanic
03.27.2012 , 09:14 AM | #6
Thanks guys.... didnt think about cunning benefiting her heal abilities (which is what most of us use her for I would think).