Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

how do you defeat the colicoid broodmaster?

Cisco-Kid
03.21.2012 , 03:45 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Scriven View Post
These suggestions didn't work for me, even at level 21, but I'm probably not using my assassin as well as I should be...

Here's what did work for me:
* Killed everything on the way in.
* Ran through the broodmaster chamber and through the exit tunnel to the round chamber with the elevator. You'll run past a bunch of colicoids. If you die on the way, just rez and keep running to the elevator chamber.
* The colicoids will bunch up at the entrance to the elevator chamber. Wait for them to dissipate, then kill everything in the exit tunnel.
* Aggro the broodmaster and get him to follow you as far into the exit tunnel as you can. Halfway to the elevator chamber should be good enough.
* Attack the broodmaster. He'll burrow and send broodlings, but the broodlings spawn in the main broodmaster chamber and it takes them a while to get into the exit tunnel to your position. The broodmaster reappeared before the lings got to me. Without the lings attacking me, he died very easily. He was only able to spawn lings once. Also, not all of the lings came into the exit tunnel. Some were still in the main chamber when I went back for the artifact.

When I did this I fought the broodmaster with Crushing Darkness, Electrocute, Force Lightning, and Shock. I alternated between Lightning and Shock and Saber Strike while the other two refreshed. When the broodlings attacked, I hit them with Dark Charge/Discharge and Overload and attacked them directly. (There was only one small wave of broodlings and I was able to ignore most of them and concentrate on the master.)

I didn't use Channel the Force because this was my third attempt and it was still recharging. I had just tried the other method mentioned in this topic twice and it didn't work for me. (Like I said, I'm probably not using my assassin as well as I could be.)

I guess it's possible to lure the broodmaster all the way back to the elevator chamber and fight him there from a distance. It wasn't necessary in my case. I killed him the first time I tried this technique.

Hope it helps.
As a lvl 18 sorcerer I used this method.

- Killed everything on the way down
- put pet on passive and bubbled
- ran all the way to the exit area (bubbling along the way).
- When I jumped into the exit area, all the trailing mobs reset.
- went back and killed my way to the boss (pet/tank)
- pulled the boss all the way back to the exit without jumping into the exit area.
- Burned the boss until it went underground.
- it came back up and I continued to burn.
- by the time it went under again, the 1st set of adds were just coming up the ramp.
- it came back up and I burned the boss down. then killed the 1st set of adds.
- the second set never came at me.
- went back and killed the second set of adds in the main room and looted the goods.

Thanks for the help!

FenixG
03.24.2012 , 12:17 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Cisco-Kid View Post
As a lvl 18 sorcerer I used this method.

- Killed everything on the way down
- put pet on passive and bubbled
- ran all the way to the exit area (bubbling along the way).
- When I jumped into the exit area, all the trailing mobs reset.
- went back and killed my way to the boss (pet/tank)
- pulled the boss all the way back to the exit without jumping into the exit area.
- Burned the boss until it went underground.
- it came back up and I continued to burn.
- by the time it went under again, the 1st set of adds were just coming up the ramp.
- it came back up and I burned the boss down. then killed the 1st set of adds.
- the second set never came at me.
- went back and killed the second set of adds in the main room and looted the goods.

Thanks for the help!
I ran this as a level 17 Assassin. At first was having trouble, died two or three times, but I was getting lower than half health on the baddie, so I knew I could do it. This was the first help I found on a strat for him.

Force Speed let me get past the main chamber, and then again to get to the elevator chamber without taking much damage. Once you get into that elevator chamber (the bugs following me reset like Cisco-Kid said), there are 2 more bugs. Killed them and then pretty much followed the above (and the post that he followed) and it was easy. The real deciding factor was pulling the boss to the end of the tunnel, otherwise the minions catch up too quickly. I died once because I only pulled the boss to about the middle of the second tunnel. Once I pulled him to the end, it was cake. Thanks for the help everyone

(Also, I haven't used any skill tree points yet. Not sure if that matters to you guys or not. I spammed my regular combo of spells to burst him down, set KV on DPS mode and I only really hit him 2 or 3 times once KV died.)

mattygbanga
03.27.2012 , 04:45 AM | #23
is it posible to team up with sum for this mission, lvl 19 assass and just cant kil him its bs

Erevan_Kindelar
03.27.2012 , 04:55 AM | #24
Iirc, I did this one at 20 on my DPS Assassin, and 19 on my healing Sorcerer, but on both of those Khem is well-geared (orange gear with blue or purple mods at level) and my toon is also well-geared.
Both times, I just pulled her into the corridor away from the room (the adds will always spawn in the room, and if you are in the corridor they will usually not aggro - I was with a friend helping him a few days ago, and the adds came down the corridor).
If you pull her all the way back to the room with the toxic waste, you can use the exploding barrel there to weaken her a bit.
Make sure Khem is bubbled at the start of the fight, pop Recklessness and spam the lightning, keep refreshing the bubble on Khem as soon as you can, heal him if you have to.

Jedi_Barbie
03.27.2012 , 12:51 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by mattygbanga View Post
is it posible to team up with sum for this mission, lvl 19 assass and just cant kil him its bs
Yes, you can team up. Either offer to swap class quest help for same or get a guildie to help you. It seems to be a little harder for Assassins (no heals) than Sorcs.
The Glitter'sparkle Legacy

Foenixz
03.27.2012 , 03:19 PM | #26
Kite her into the tunnel the adds will not follow
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

Rafaman
04.04.2012 , 12:49 AM | #27
Welp, got him... but not in the first try. I went in there cold, knowing nothing about this Boss and went toe to toe with him first time out. Got him down to about 5 percent too, but he had me beat as I ran out of Force Power. Just did not have enough health left to out last him.

Tried a few more times and it got progressively worse. lol I now know the importance of repaired gear. After 3 attemps I decided to come check and see if there were any good tips on how to burn him down and sure enough... the kite back to the exit worked like a champ.

Ran through the room using force speed right when I got to him. Made it to the exit regrouped and killed all the colicoids in the exit and the tunnel. Then, I went back to the main room stimmed up an ready. I put my tank on sentry, got the mob's attention and ran back toward the exit using force speed again. Right near the exit, I turned and waited for the mutant. I let him get close and knowing his firs move would be to burrow under ground, I sent my tank in first. He burrowed, I waited then hit him with hard with the dot. The rest was simply a dps burn.

The adds never made it out of the main room, and since they never died during the encounter, he couldn't summon more. It was a short fight consequently. I came out at about 75 percent or better, my tank was not that much worse.

It was a pleasure going back in the main room and killing the adds. lol

So, great tips. thanks. Yes, it can be solo'ed. In fact, I think... it's possible to beat him in the main room. Had I had the patience and the creds I would have tried it.

MooseCaboose
01.21.2013 , 12:09 AM | #28
i did it on level 18 after a lot of attempts. what i did was stay back and stunned, and shocked the broodmaster aswell as using crushing darkness on him. when he went underground and summoned the minions i just healed Khem Val over and over and did not attack them until the big one came back up where i killed the little ones while khem resumed attack the master. after the master went down the second time i just healed khem only from then on to keep him alive.

Aerilas
01.21.2013 , 01:55 AM | #29
Idk why people have trouble with it :/

I did it on my 18/19 assassin without any trouble at all. Didn't even use Heroic Moment or Unity
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper) - Raelisa (Operative) - Micaiah (Sorcerer)
Saerali (Scoundrel)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

schnopsnosn
01.21.2013 , 03:04 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerilas View Post
Idk why people have trouble with it :/

I did it on my 18/19 assassin without any trouble at all. Didn't even use Heroic Moment or Unity
Well it's a lot easier with an Assassin than a Sorcerer.
The Assassin has weapon-based combat, the Sorc Force-abilities, the Broodmaster is Force-resistant.