Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warzone commending people is a joke.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Warzone commending people is a joke.

SinisterWarlock
12.16.2011 , 08:52 AM | #1
Countless times i've seen someone do exceptionally well, scoring highest objectives, highest kills, most damage, most medals, basically they did far better than anyone else.

Yet nobody will vote for them. Instead a couple guys who played average or even crap will get 1-2 votes each.

People just vote for their friends, the solution is do away with the voting system and just have the game rank players automatically and award extra based on that.

Lerdoc
12.16.2011 , 08:58 AM | #2
Because noobs don't even know there is such a thing as MVP...

Kal-Ekh
12.16.2011 , 08:58 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SinisterWarlock View Post
People just vote for their friends, the solution is do away with the voting system and just have the game rank players automatically and award extra based on that.
Isn't that system kind of already there with the badges and all?

MVP is just 1 extra commendation anyway, right? It's not a big deal. Sure it goes to friends sometimes, but just as often it goes to a good tank, a good healer or an exceptional dps.

JustinxDuff
12.16.2011 , 08:58 AM | #4
IF I queue with my premade I am going vote for my premade members. Otherwise, I try to spread the love, just because you top the charts doesn't mean you deerve all the votes. What about people that defend objectives or carry flags? They deserve a vote as well.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

McDaniels
12.16.2011 , 09:02 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SinisterWarlock View Post
Countless times i've seen someone do exceptionally well, scoring highest objectives, highest kills, most damage, most medals, basically they did far better than anyone else.

Yet nobody will vote for them. Instead a couple guys who played average or even crap will get 1-2 votes each.

QFT.... People know there is MVP... I've literally scored highest damage/most kills in about 80% of my warzones, probably played about 30 so far, and I, again literally, have 0 MVP votes... not a single one...

I mean in one game I had 200k damage with 30 something kills and 1 death... No votes...

People either just randomly click or they vote their friends. Whenever I see a group of guildies together they always vote each other.

This is what happens when you reward people who receive the votes, people just random or give the rewards to their friends.

The only way to legitimize MVP votes is to make the scoreboard anonymous meaning that after each game it shows the statistics, but there are no names to identify players, that way you don't know where your friend is on the list. To make it work the scoreboard would have to be anonymous while the warzone was in progress as well.

Honestly MVP votes should just be removed from the game, its not worth measures like the one described above to fix a broken system.

dplary
12.16.2011 , 09:07 AM | #6
All I hear is QQ QQ QQ

Grow up. The system is there for people to vote the way they choose. If you want more votes, go in pre-made.

McDaniels
12.16.2011 , 09:10 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by dplary View Post
All I hear is QQ QQ QQ

Grow up. The system is there for people to vote the way they choose. If you want more votes, go in pre-made.
Thats wrong... Why are you assuming that the way the system works is the way the developers intended it to work...

You really think the developers created an "MVP" system, so that people could vote for their friends, and not for the "MVP"? MVP = the player who is most valuable to your team... Not the player who is your best friend. There is a reason they didn't name it the "give your friend free stuff" system....

You clearly just feed your friends MVP votes and want it to stay that way.

JustinxDuff
12.16.2011 , 09:12 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by McDaniels View Post
Honestly MVP votes should just be removed from the game, its not worth measures like the one described above to fix a broken system.
It 1 commendation...1...the MVP system is a great thing and I hope it stays the way it is. I am sure as we move forward people will be better about voting (at least I hope).

If you didn't notice the cheapest PvP item is 100 comms, an MVP is worth 1 comm, hardly a big deal even if you get 5 MVP votes.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

Shlamorel
12.16.2011 , 09:13 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by McDaniels View Post
QFT.... People know there is MVP... I've literally scored highest damage/most kills in about 80% of my warzones, probably played about 30 so far, and I, again literally, have 0 MVP votes... not a single one...

I mean in one game I had 200k damage with 30 something kills and 1 death... No votes...

People either just randomly click or they vote their friends. Whenever I see a group of guildies together they always vote each other.

This is what happens when you reward people who receive the votes, people just random or give the rewards to their friends.

The only way to legitimize MVP votes is to make the scoreboard anonymous meaning that after each game it shows the statistics, but there are no names to identify players, that way you don't know where your friend is on the list. To make it work the scoreboard would have to be anonymous while the warzone was in progress as well.

This post is exactly the reason I *wouldn't* vote you for MVP. (well the first part anyway - I actually agree with you on much of the 2nd part).

Your focus on topping damage charts and kills shows how little of a team player you are, in all honesty.

After each match to the very right, people have trophies and awards by their names. They get these from saving allies from death, capping bases, defending bases, passing the hutball, etc.

Those are the people I vote for MVP... I barely even look at DPS charts/kill blos (though I do look at healing). What about the people using CCs, completing warzone objectives, etc.? Usually they aren't as high on DPS chart/KB chart because they are busy doing the objectives.

BogeyBot
12.16.2011 , 09:16 AM | #10
You're making a mountain out of a molehill. The MVP gets ONE extra commendation medal. Whoop-dee-doo.

And FYI, kills and damage are only 1/5th of the equation. For example, if I see a player successfully and repeatedly holding a node by himself, etc... things that actually contribute to a win... I will vote for him, even though that person will probably not be #1 in damage or healing done.