New Clone Wars vs Old Clone wars

grievousguy

Eh... The old ones were stupid. I mean, really, if these events had happened in any other SW media, they'd be "lolwut"-ed at.

Mace Windu manages to take on an entire army of droids all by himself... Without a lightsaber... While in the movies, Jedi Masters are falling to individuals. And then you had the unkillable Dirge, who even after Obi-Wan beats him, does not die. It was a sound bite to be honest, good for action, story was not that well thought through.

This.

Let characters have their strengths and weakness, not be armies of Mary Sues who one-up each other by plot armor alone, or by just inconsistently making you stronger or weaker at any given moment.

Forget the clone army and being peace keepers, Mace Windu alone should have conquered a thousand systems with his bare fists.

Edit: This thread is asking for trouble btw.

Edited by Forgon

The Original is the most superior one. Graphics, etc mean nothing overall. The story in the original were amazing and way more canon than TCW. The events depicted in Clone Wars actually made sense and led right up to the begining of Episode III..which I found sick. Watched the last episode of Season 2, then soon afterwards, watch Ep III in the movies right were the show left off...lets see TCW crap do that properly...oh wait...they can't!

TCW virtually remade everything between Ep II and Ep III...for the worst...I hope Ahsoka just dissapears forever when TCW ends...

And guess what...Grevious was an unstopped beast in Clone Wars...nothing could even come close to stopping him; only Mace Windu using force crush on Grevious' lungs hurt him.

The characters we know and love actually fought a lot as opposed to just standing around and talking for 90% of an episode in TCW and maybe a fight near the last 10 min...

Edited by Eillack

The 3D Clone Wars series is superior to the 2D Clone Wars series in both action and depth. I mean, the micro-series is filled with stupid moments like the Battle of Dantooine and it barely has a plot. You don't even get to know who Durge is or who Asajj Ventress is. No depth. No reason to care about the Jedi. I mean, why should we? They'll just destroy all the droids with their god-like Force powers and on top of it, some of the droids just stand immobile during the action scenes while the Jedi slice them apart.

The CGI series on the other hand has it's flaws, but the action is more grounded in reality, the clones have actual personalities, the characters go through character development, death is common so you actually feel fear for the characters, and on top of it, it retconned Karen Traviss's works out of existence! How cool is that!?

So overall, Genndy's Tartavosky's Clone Wars micro-series can go to hell.

The Original is the most superior one. Graphics, etc mean nothing overall. The story in the original were amazing and way more canon than TCW. The events depicted in Clone Wars actually made sense and led right up to the begining of Episode III..which I found sick. Watched the last episode of Season 2, then soon afterwards, watch Ep III in the movies right were the show left off...lets see TCW crap do that properly...oh wait...they can't!

TCW virtually remade everything between Ep II and Ep III...for the worst...I hope Ahsoka just dissapears forever when TCW ends...

And guess what...Grevious was an unstopped beast in Clone Wars...nothing could even come close to stopping him; only Mace Windu using force crush on Grevious' lungs hurt him.

The characters we know and love actually fought a lot as opposed to just standing around and talking for 90% of an episode in TCW and maybe a fight near the last 10 min...

The Microseries was beautiful, and fun, but over-the-top ridiculous. It had VERY little story. It led right into Episode III because it was supposed to, just as Labyrinth of Evil did the EXACT SAME THING (with far greater depth) for the books, leading into ROTS. And Labyrinth's exploits for Obi-Wan & Anakin were a lot better than Anakin getting some bug-tattoos to save the dog-men from some super-zombie-steroids. You can't say TCW's not leading the start of Episode III as the series isn't finished yet.

Durge is overrated, give me Cad Bane any day. Ventress has more depth in TCW than the Microseries, but that's true of any character in both.

Here's the problem with Grievous: everyone LOVED him in the Microseries, because he was a beast. He demolished the Jedi... then Episode III came out, and Grievous was a cowardly mustache-twirling villain?! WHAT? That's not how he's supposed to be!

But George said that's exactly what he is. If anything, TCW has IMPROVED his image from George's (and Mace's Ep3 assessment) of a 'run-and-hide' coward. Grievous bolts a lot, but he puts up a fight. Microseries was too powerful, virtually unstoppable (but damn if that chase thru Coruscant, and the duels with the Magnaguards from Roron Corobb and Shaak Ti weren't MIND-BLOWINGLY amazing; TCW's saber duels are often great, but rarely quite as amazing as the 2D ones.

Microseries is the clear victor in visuals and fun animation, tho TCW's got its moments--and the fact TCW uses a lot of old McQuarrie & Johnston & other SW concept artist designs in scenery, props, and costuming is amazing. The animation's improved overall tremendously since the first season, the characters have a lot more depth, Anakin's actually LIKABLE and heroic, the Jedi feats are more in line with the films (tho Nightsister magic could be considered more OP and outlandish than Mace wiping out a droid army with his fists and super-leaping to a far-off hilltop to reenact a Coke commercial with a Dantooine peasant boy), the clones themselves often have a lot of depth (the ARC Troopers of the Microseries were like a squad of GIJoe Snake Eyes clones, only a bit more talkative, but that was it). I'll take TCW any day, which is a big switch from when I first saw the show. :)

The Microseries was beautiful, and fun, but over-the-top ridiculous. It had VERY little story. It led right into Episode III because it was supposed to, just as Labyrinth of Evil did the EXACT SAME THING (with far greater depth) for the books, leading into ROTS. And Labyrinth's exploits for Obi-Wan & Anakin were a lot better than Anakin getting some bug-tattoos to save the dog-men from some super-zombie-steroids. You can't say TCW's not leading the start of Episode III as the series isn't finished yet.

Durge is overrated, give me Cad Bane any day. Ventress has more depth in TCW than the Microseries, but that's true of any character in both.

Here's the problem with Grievous: everyone LOVED him in the Microseries, because he was a beast. He demolished the Jedi... then Episode III came out, and Grievous was a cowardly mustache-twirling villain?! WHAT? That's not how he's supposed to be!

But George said that's exactly what he is. If anything, TCW has IMPROVED his image from George's (and Mace's Ep3 assessment) of a 'run-and-hide' coward. Grievous bolts a lot, but he puts up a fight. Microseries was too powerful, virtually unstoppable (but damn if that chase thru Coruscant, and the duels with the Magnaguards from Roron Corobb and Shaak Ti weren't MIND-BLOWINGLY amazing; TCW's saber duels are often great, but rarely quite as amazing as the 2D ones.

Microseries is the clear victor in visuals and fun animation, tho TCW's got its moments--and the fact TCW uses a lot of old McQuarrie & Johnston & other SW concept artist designs in scenery, props, and costuming is amazing. The animation's improved overall tremendously since the first season, the characters have a lot more depth, Anakin's actually LIKABLE and heroic, the Jedi feats are more in line with the films (tho Nightsister magic could be considered more OP and outlandish than Mace wiping out a droid army with his fists and super-leaping to a far-off hilltop to reenact a Coke commercial with a Dantooine peasant boy), the clones themselves often have a lot of depth (the ARC Troopers of the Microseries were like a squad of GIJoe Snake Eyes clones, only a bit more talkative, but that was it). I'll take TCW any day, which is a big switch from when I first saw the show. :)

^This...especially about Grevious, he was so OP in the microseries I bet he could have beat Windu and Yoda. I'm actually surprised, that Mundi survived as long as he did until backup arrived.

I am a much bigger fan of the new series versus the old one. The old series had no depth to it and was too over-the-top. The whole episode involving Mace Windu and the stamping machine was ridiculous in my opinion. From the standing in the middle of a massive army acting like Neo from The Matrix, to the largest jump in the history of Star Wars onto the machine's bridge, the episode really was out of place with Star Wars.

I felt like I was watching a watered down version of Japanese Animation. It was alright as a little filler between shows as it was originally used, but as a stand-alone series it is nowhere near as complex as the new series has become. Yes, the new series went through some growing pains at the beginning, but you can't deny just how dark and intriguing the series has become. From the on-screen murder of helpless slaves, to the inner battle within Anakin that is really fleshing out his darker side, the series has really matured over the past couple of seasons. I can't wait to see what is to come.

Personally, I'm a big fan of how artistically done the original clone wars cartoon was done, it's a shame I couldn't get into it when I was younger and it was actually on TV. Not to say I don't really enjoy this new series.