Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cannot connect to server list/ Losing connection to server

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Cannot connect to server list/ Losing connection to server
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

hiphipharre
03.25.2012 , 08:07 AM | #1
I can sometimes get in the server to where I see my character screen but within about 5 seconds it says that I disconnected from the server. "My connection to the server is lost"

I have already tried the "Repair" function on the launcher. Please help!

Thanks.

Ogada
03.25.2012 , 08:17 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Hiphipharre,

This can sometimes be caused by not having your firewall configured to allow SWTOR. Please follow the information here.

Also, check this section for information on ports, which can also cause problems if not configured.

Thank you for your time.
Ogada | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

hiphipharre
03.25.2012 , 09:14 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ogada View Post
Greetings Hiphipharre,

This can sometimes be caused by not having your firewall configured to allow SWTOR. Please follow the information here.

Also, check this section for information on ports, which can also cause problems if not configured.

Thank you for your time.
I allowed the launcher, but SWTOR itself was already allowed. I am on my school internet and have never had a problem before. I have also had this game since launch and never experienced this problem before.....

Ogada
03.25.2012 , 09:20 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by hiphipharre View Post
I am on my school internet
It could be that the network admins have changed something. Do you know anyone else playing the game on the same network? Are they having any issues similar to you?
Ogada | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

hiphipharre
03.25.2012 , 09:48 AM | #5
I do not know of anyone else who plays swtor on this network. But I suppose I could try the wireless to see if there is any different with the connection. Thanks.

hiphipharre
03.25.2012 , 01:08 PM | #6
Still nothing... Was able to get on for about 5 minutes, create some characters earlier but now it is doing the same thing.....