Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"login unavailable at the time" grrr

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
"login unavailable at the time" grrr
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Saishan
03.25.2012 , 12:32 PM | #1
So first I downloaded the free trail. And when the login popup comes up I got this message that Login was unavailable at this time, with a link to the forums, which was no help.
So...I bought the full game and the game card, did the security questions etc etc...
and I STILL get this same message.
I cannot even type in the spaces to download my full game.
I'm really frustrated. This has been ongoing for 2 days.
what could be causing this? what do I do to fix it?

Ratae
03.25.2012 , 01:07 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  

Hello Saishan,

Please try the following to try to resolve the ‘Login Server Unavailable’ issue:

First of all could you check that the date and time are set correctly on both your Windows clock settings and BIOS clock.

Ensure that you have the correct ports opened in your router settings. See this link:
http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2015 and that you have both the launcher.exe and the swtor_setup.exe added to the exceptions of your firewall and any antivirus software.

Please check also the Launcher Troubleshooting Guide:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=272#2 and try to work through the general troubleshooting steps.

Hope this might help.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Saishan
03.25.2012 , 01:18 PM | #3
So I adjusted my wonky clock settings, and I am now able to begin the download and log in, Yay!

Ratae
03.25.2012 , 01:23 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello Saishan,

Thank you for the feedback – Glad you’re back up and running.
Let us know if you run into any further problems and we’ll do our best to help you resolve them.

Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support