Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag PvP only ?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SithKillsRebels
03.24.2012 , 06:42 AM | #1
So I just wondering,whats up, my old comp Intel e7300/duo core -8gb ram-asusP4q mb-ati6790- did fine in closed beta till when a power loss killed my mb 3 days ago, ran everything soo smooth pvp was killer...

I happen across a quick replacment for cheap , stats are Amd Phenom x4 9600 blk edition Quad core ,Gigabyte mb ga-ma-78gm-us2h(I have no clue just a model number) 8 gb ram-500gb hd-6790 ati,I though this was gonna do fine in pvp, well the game is sweet raids, open world but pvp is choppy ,the voices echo ,playes skip across the screen ,I like the wz's even huttball has grown fun ....

I have read the fourms some say they are fine and others have the same issue ,my question is whats a good modification or any advice on what I can do to boost mine up, or invest in a better motherboard ?

Naugor
03.24.2012 , 05:14 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello SithKillsRebels,

Could you please post a dxdiag? This will let us have a closer look at your current system configuration.

Thank you for your co-operation.
Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support | Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

SithKillsRebels
03.24.2012 , 09:22 PM | #3
I went on a raid this evening and it was doing the same thing choppy etc

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 3/24/2012, 23:16:41
Machine name: JAY-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.111118-2330)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-MA78GM-US2H
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9600 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8190MB RAM
Page File: 4164MB used, 16308MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes

Naugor
03.24.2012 , 10:16 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello SithKillsRebels,

We would like to suggest to get the latest updates for your Windows installation. Please make sure to download all the optional downloads (such as Visual C++ and Framework 4.0) as well.

If the issues persist afterwards, please get back to us with your latest dxdiag again, ideally in full. You can use [spoiler][/spoiler] tags to make sure it fits into your post.

Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support | Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

SithKillsRebels
03.24.2012 , 10:23 PM | #5
I will do that now and see were that takes me ,as far as you asking a full report how do I do that ,thank you .

SithKillsRebels
03.24.2012 , 10:28 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Naugor View Post
Hello SithKillsRebels,

We would like to suggest to get the latest updates for your Windows installation. Please make sure to download all the optional downloads (such as Visual C++ and Framework 4.0) as well.

If the issues persist afterwards, please get back to us with your latest dxdiag again, ideally in full. You can use [spoiler][/spoiler] tags to make sure it fits into your post.

I just check out my list I have all thoses programs ,Im not understanding what or how you want me to proceed ?

SithKillsRebels
03.24.2012 , 10:33 PM | #7
Spoiler
"This post has been edited to include [spoiler][/spoiler] tags. CS Forum Team"

Naugor
03.24.2012 , 11:03 PM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKillsRebels View Post
I just check out my list I have all thoses programs ,Im not understanding what or how you want me to proceed ?
Hello SithKillsRebels,

From the dxdiag report, we can see that you currently do not seem to have Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 installed. So we would you to
  • press the Windows button
  • Click on 'All Programs'
  • Click on 'Windows Update'

This should let you install all the latest update for your operating system. You will also be asked whether you want to install optional updates, please do so.

After you have done this, please test if the issue still exists. If it does, please post an updated dxdiag report.

Thank you for your understanding.

SithKillsRebels
03.24.2012 , 11:16 PM | #9
Yes I just got that message from updates ,I did install sp 1 and no change just left another choppy ,laggy wz ,this just sucks i had so much fun playing swtor on my old computer but this is a deal breaker lol ,i see 6 more updates gonna install them and re check wz .

SithKillsRebels
03.25.2012 , 12:21 AM | #10
There is nothing left to install,again I try to Pvp same issue ,echos ,choppy, in my opinon laggy , I have never had any issue with lag before ,my modem is new from bright house changed it out yesterday just in case ,all connections are fine .here is another DXDIAG ............
Spoiler
"This post has been edited to include [spoiler][/spoiler] tags. – CS Forum Team"