Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Sidious vs Abeloth

BrandonSM
01.17.2012 , 10:35 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Vamporius View Post
i didn't say she was, but she still uses the dark side so my point is the most powerful darkside user ever would win.
Sidious is the most powerful Sith Lord but its never stated "canon" that he is the most powerful dark side user.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

dosah
03.21.2012 , 09:03 PM | #12
if you read the books ..its a no brainer..abeloth would win

TheBentOne
03.21.2012 , 09:20 PM | #13
Spoiler form Appocolypse. buyer beware.

Spoiler
I bow to no one and give service only for cause.
- From the Journeyman Protectors oath.

Danik_Kreldin
03.21.2012 , 10:46 PM | #14
Abeloth is a Force entity, not an individual. It's arguable Palpatine was more than just a mere mortal (if you interpret what his father said about him in Darth Plagueis and combine it with all the rhetoric about him being the dark side incarnate), but he's still not a Force entity on the likes of Abeloth - she was a servant of the Ones of Mortis (Celestials? Above Celestials?) who used the Font of Power/Pool of Knowledge, and because of the fact that she's an entity of the Force, she can't really be killed (except, apparently, by the Mortis dagger that Luke & Co are now searching for post-Apocalypse).

Palpatine, on the other hand, can very easily be killed, but his will transcends death and he's able to transfer his spirit into cloned bodies, if available (although this does backfire on him, due to the intervention of the self-sacrificing Jedi). Still, it seems a lot harder to kill off Abeloth than it does Palpatine.

Nevertheless, in terms of dark side proficiency and raw power, I still have to go with Palpatine. Abeloth was a force of nature, but she was always easily stopped; she's just damned hard to kill because she can easily swap between bodies (for Palpatine this is harder). But in nearly every book she was in, she was thwarted time and time again by lesser beings (Tahiri & Boba Fett, the Lost Tribe Grand Master, Ben & Vestara, Luke with the Lost Tribe, Luke & Krayt, Luke, Corran & Jaina, and Saba and Tahiri). I can easily see Palpatine defeating her (though whether or not he can actually kill her is another question. I wonder what would happen if he tried to absorb her energy with Force Drain?)

Rayla_Felana
03.22.2012 , 05:30 AM | #15
She is twenty six times more powerful than ROTJ Sidious(Grand Master Skywalker is canonically two hundred percent as powerful as Sidious, and from his own admission Abeloth is thirteen times more powerful than himself) so clearly she has a massive power advantage.

Also, remember that every time Luke and Abeloth battled she almost killed him, someone only half as powerful as Luke probably doesn't stand a chance.

angry-broom
03.22.2012 , 08:14 AM | #16
Id have to say abeloth
Quote: Originally Posted by BartElroy View Post
You know, if I can spare 25 gig for the abortion that is "The Force Unleashed" I can spare 100g for this game, and I will look at Bioware and say "Thank you sir, can I have some more?

Oonkeh_
03.24.2012 , 05:38 AM | #17
Abeloth.

Rayla_Felana already said what I would've said.

Should also take into account that even before Luke reached the peak of his potential, Sidious could not defeat him in Dark Empire in the end. He lost to a singles duel wherein Luke cut off Sidious's hand and determined the victor. It was at that point Sidious kind've realized he wasn't going to win the war after having lost that battle, and his desperation became much more blatant in display.

Abeloth, however, the second time she fought Luke.. almost annihilated him--pretty much toyed with him. The first time in which Luke defeated her she was weakened from her age old imprisonment (afaik thousands of years to be exact, around 6x the amount of Darth Vitiate from the SWTOR era).

Her weakness as displayed so far is her primal wanton lust and rage (and other primal emotions at their rawest), causing her to sometimes underestimate other people. Remember, she's a Dark Side entity, she was -never- a mortal in flesh as we're led to believe so far.

I think the only way you can actually kill Abeloth is to be the exact opposite of what she's not by nature; expose her to positive feelings or compassion (which a Jedi readily gives unconditionally) and she'll just.. disappear. Since, as shown so far, she only gets stronger the more you oppose her (that's what the Dark Side is, after all. Negative emotion fueling it the foremost). No doubt it's part of the plot now Why do you think that Sith preyed on her loneliness and depression?

Sidious was trained and honed; but he lost to Luke, even having tamed his passion to fuel his power. Abeloth is -RAW- power, akin to a single scream breaking glass in fits of rage -- except she destroys entire cities with her residual presence when that happens.

Siddy trained to get it. Abeloth was "born" with it, and is only getting more dangerously powerful.
I feed on spleeeeeens...

TYBERzan
03.24.2012 , 05:22 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Oonkeh_ View Post
Abeloth.

Rayla_Felana already said what I would've said.

Should also take into account that even before Luke reached the peak of his potential, Sidious could not defeat him in Dark Empire in the end. He lost to a singles duel wherein Luke cut off Sidious's hand and determined the victor. It was at that point Sidious kind've realized he wasn't going to win the war after having lost that battle, and his desperation became much more blatant in display.

Abeloth, however, the second time she fought Luke.. almost annihilated him--pretty much toyed with him. The first time in which Luke defeated her she was weakened from her age old imprisonment (afaik thousands of years to be exact, around 6x the amount of Darth Vitiate from the SWTOR era).

Her weakness as displayed so far is her primal wanton lust and rage (and other primal emotions at their rawest), causing her to sometimes underestimate other people. Remember, she's a Dark Side entity, she was -never- a mortal in flesh as we're led to believe so far.

I think the only way you can actually kill Abeloth is to be the exact opposite of what she's not by nature; expose her to positive feelings or compassion (which a Jedi readily gives unconditionally) and she'll just.. disappear. Since, as shown so far, she only gets stronger the more you oppose her (that's what the Dark Side is, after all. Negative emotion fueling it the foremost). No doubt it's part of the plot now Why do you think that Sith preyed on her loneliness and depression?

Sidious was trained and honed; but he lost to Luke, even having tamed his passion to fuel his power. Abeloth is -RAW- power, akin to a single scream breaking glass in fits of rage -- except she destroys entire cities with her residual presence when that happens.

Siddy trained to get it. Abeloth was "born" with it, and is only getting more dangerously powerful.
I do agree that abeloth is more powerful, after all she took control of the galaxy in what? a couple years after freedom, plus she is next to INVULNERABLE, AND immortal. As well as controlling an entire planet, IMO she is FAR more powerful than the man killed by an electrocuted parapalegic.
Spoiler

GarfieldJL
03.24.2012 , 10:27 PM | #19
In terms of raw power Abeloth has the advantage, that said she isn't all that good at being subtle nor is she as sneaky as Palpatine. TBH I'm not sure who would win cause she would have the power advantage but Palpatine would have the advantage in skills and just being plain devious.

Aximand
03.24.2012 , 10:31 PM | #20
Abeloth is a stupid character idea so I'm going with Sidious.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.