Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 proves Assassins = Vanilla Paladins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Assassin
1.2 proves Assassins = Vanilla Paladins

TheHoodedFang
03.23.2012 , 03:53 PM | #41
Sins and Shadows are the most well rounded melee ACs in the game.

Vanilla Ret Paladin's were the redheaded stepchild of WoW, and only had auto attack and SoComm as there primary offensive attacks. They didn't even get a true melee strike until TBC.

Trying to compare the two is absurd.

Astarica
03.23.2012 , 11:31 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Atomyc View Post
if they have their defensive cool down up the fight lasts forever vs both specs. if your against a tracer missile spammer; just interrupt the first cast, stun the second and third and interrupt the fourth fights over by then, make sure you dont interrupt unload or full auto you can take those hits. if they do have thier defensive cd up (im counting this as a 1v1) stun them make them burn their stun-removal, dps tell your at half-ish hp vanish mind trap seethe and then return to interrupting and ****.

as far as the healers go, they wont die if they only have to heal themselves and if they do it will take a while but if your on a healer beating on them interrupting heals however you can you are being an effective tank so long as you keep taunts up on as many dps as you can.
Against Arsenal, Force Shroud when you've 4 stacks of Tracer Missiles (if you wait until 5 he'd hit you with a HSM by the time you see the debuff updated to 5) and it's usually GG from there. It's only a bad matchup on Huttball where you may not be able to physically reach where the Arsenal merc is. If you want to play it safe, you're usually better off not interrupting Tracer Missiles because this ensures he cannot heal himself (interrupt that instead), though most mercs don't seem to know that they can actually heal themselves. Interrupt Tracers leaves you with a slim chance of the guy healing himself and stalling the fight long enough for help to arrive.

Eilykarol
03.24.2012 , 03:29 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Ch_Zero View Post
I actually played a ret paladin even before they had pvp in WoW all up to WOTLK

Deception Assassin feels almost like a pre BC ret pally.

it's funny how i always pick the ignored spec/class

I just enjoy the burst i suppose :O

Darkness > deception in PVE and PVP
Deception plays almost like a Wrath Enhancement Shaman with stealth than a pre-BC paladin. I mean, we have way more than Seal->Judgment :P Our GCDs almost resemble a current Frost DK or a hunter where we do something every 1.5 seconds or suffer.

arkzehhh
03.24.2012 , 04:21 PM | #44
Leave Deception,nerf darkness if anything, for pvp that is.