Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Obi-wan Vs.


Antares_Navaar's Avatar


Antares_Navaar
03.24.2012 , 06:47 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
....Have people even read TFU books or do they just go by what a game says?....Galen isn't THAT powerful the way the game portrays. The novels tone him down.
The game should not rely upon the novel to clarify Galen's power. While naturally the game with tone up force power for visual effect and a better feeling, it's still true that Galen - canonically- not only took Vader head on, but after he was finished with him, went on to fight Sidious, who I will say again is the most powerful Sith Lord (arguably). No other Jedi could do that. NO Jedi.
Neither dark nor light, but both all the same.
Neither hero nor villain, but both all the same.
Neither balanced nor chaotic, but both all the same.
Neither alive nor dead, but both all the same.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
03.24.2012 , 06:51 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Antares_Navaar View Post
The game should not rely upon the novel to clarify Galen's power. While naturally the game with tone up force power for visual effect and a better feeling, it's still true that Galen - canonically- not only took Vader head on, but after he was finished with him, went on to fight Sidious, who I will say again is the most powerful Sith Lord (arguably). No other Jedi could do that. NO Jedi.
Sidious was messing around with him the entire time, if he wanted Galen dead he would have killed him years ago.

Do remember, Sidious knew everything that was happening in regards to Galen.

rebelscumbodybag's Avatar


rebelscumbodybag
03.24.2012 , 06:53 AM | #23
Jar Jar Binks wins all.

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
03.24.2012 , 09:53 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
(Idea that came form the Vader vs Thread)



Obi-wan vs Revan
Obi-wan vs Meetra
Obi-wan vs Kyle Katarn
Obi-wan vs Vader(Post Mustafar)
Obi-wan vs Galen Marek
I am going with straight up lightsaber duel here. Force power notwithstanding.

Ok, Obi-Wan was the ultimate defensive duellist. He was not a great swordsman. In fact, his saber skills were weak compared to quite a few other Knights. He did, however, always find a way to win. He would study his opponent, and use any tactical advantage he could find. That was how he beat Grievous and Anakin in Episode III.

Only two I see him losing to are Kyle Katarn and Galen Marek. Kyle is a given, since he's pretty much the epitome of Jedi Bad***, and Starkiller was a monster with a lightsaber. Ultimate offense vs. Ultimate defense. When an unstoppable force hits an immovable object, the immovable object is usually shattered.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Mongrul's Avatar


Mongrul
03.24.2012 , 09:57 AM | #25
obi wan wouldnt beat any of them. he is just an expert in staying alive

bionamaster's Avatar


bionamaster
03.24.2012 , 10:12 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
(Idea that came form the Vader vs Thread)



Obi-wan vs Revan
Obi-wan vs Meetra
Obi-wan vs Kyle Katarn
Obi-wan vs Vader(Post Mustafar)
Obi-wan vs Galen Marek



Now, discuss.


And Don't say "Obi-wan loses all" IMO he wins most except Vader, Katarn and, possibly Revan.
I think he would lose to Vader, Revan and Galen an win against Meetra and Katarn. Could I add Obi-Wan versus Darth Angral? Cause Obi-Wan would win that.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
03.24.2012 , 10:19 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by bionamaster View Post
I think he would lose to Vader, Revan and Galen an win against Meetra and Katarn. Could I add Obi-Wan versus Darth Angral? Cause Obi-Wan would win that.
In a pure lightsaber duel, Obi-Wan beats Angral. But if Angral nukes him.... toasty Obi.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Ukonius's Avatar


Ukonius
03.24.2012 , 10:24 AM | #28
George Lucas>ALL
GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 mobo
G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin SDRAM DDR3 1866
Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost)
Nvidia GTX 760