Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yoda: worst jedi ever?

Mongrul
03.24.2012 , 08:34 AM | #51
ok i have just listened to the darth plagueis audio book and this explains a lot for me. apparantly this plagueis was very wise and had huge plans that he basically gave to palpatine. and i understand now how palp cloaked himself for years. i highly recommend this book

Bomberlegend
03.03.2014 , 09:38 AM | #52
Yoda cannot even be considered for the worst Jedi ever he is arguably the most powerful force wielder in the known galaxy. Count dooku was a wimp compaired to Yoda as seen in episode 2 and even Darth Sidious was fairly evenly matched but in the end if Yoda didn't make his lightening explode in his face and send both of them flying then he would have won that fight. Yoda is the best and I wouldn't put anyone abouve him

Wolfninjajedi
03.03.2014 , 10:02 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Bomberlegend View Post
Yoda cannot even be considered for the worst Jedi ever he is arguably the most powerful force wielder in the known galaxy. Count dooku was a wimp compaired to Yoda as seen in episode 2 and even Darth Sidious was fairly evenly matched but in the end if Yoda didn't make his lightening explode in his face and send both of them flying then he would have won that fight. Yoda is the best and I wouldn't put anyone abouve him
Except GM Luke Skywalker who is leagues better than Yoda.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Trixdope
03.04.2014 , 01:40 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Except GM Luke Skywalker who is leagues better than Yoda.

Oh I can't wait till all that post Rotj dragon ball z **** gets retconned.
The Dope Legacy

BASTION
Deyvon | Charizard

CaulderBenson
03.04.2014 , 09:52 AM | #55
No, Yoda was one of the most accomplished, powerful, wise, and knowledgeable Jedi who ever lived; hardly one of the worst jedi.

However, he was a very terrible and incompetent Grand Master in my opinion.Yoda was presided over the twilight of the jedi. Both he and Mace Windu mismanaged the Clone Wars very badly, played right into Darth Sidous' hands, and very nearly allowed the Jedi to go completely extinct.

Let's see...under Yoda's watch:

1. The Jedi order stagnates under Yoda's stewardship, while the Sith evolve and grow stronger.

2. The Clone Wars begins, ending roughly a 1000 years of peace.

3. The Jedi fight and lose the Clone Wars.

4 The Sith (all two of them) nearly wipe out the entire Jedi Order.

5. The Republic is turned into a Galactic Empire

6. The Sith reign unchallenged for two decades committing genocide, enslaving species, and destroying entire planets.

The final kicker, is that in the end, Luke defeats the Emperor and Vader by ignoring Yoda and Obi Wan's advice to kill the Sith, he appeals to Vader's emotions and touches what's left of his soul. Ultimately Luke defeats them because of his love and faith in the man his father was; not because of the Jedi dogma Yoda preached during his time as Grand Master of the Jedi order.

Yoda was essentially too old and set in his ways, and had been in charge of the Jedi for far too long.

Great jedi, terrible leader.

Yoda is an interesting character. His youth could be fun to explore in a feature length movie or cartoon.

My two cents anyway.

Aurbere
03.04.2014 , 09:58 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by CaulderBenson View Post
No, Yoda was one of the most accomplished, powerful, wise, and knowledgeable Jedi who ever lived. Hardly the worst in my opinion.

However, he was a very terrible and incompetent Grand Master in my opinion.Yoda was presided over the twilight of the jedi. Both he and Mace Windu mismanaged the Clone Wars very badly, played right into Darth Sidous' hands, and very nearly allowed the Jedi to go completely extinct.

Let's see...under Yoda's watch:

1. The Jedi order stagnates under Yoda's stewardship, while the Sith evolve and grow stronger.

2. The Clone Wars begins, ending roughly a 1000 years of peace.

3. The Jedi fight and lose the Clone Wars.

4 The Sith (all two of them) nearly wipe out the entire Jedi Order.

5. The Republic is turned into a Galactic Empire

6. The Sith reign unchallenged for two decades committing genocide, enslaving species, and destroying entire planets.

The final kicker, is that in the end, Luke defeats the Emperor and Vader by ignoring Yoda and Obi Wan's advice to kill the Sith, he appeals to Vader's emotions and touches what's left of his soul. Ultimately Luke defeats them because of his love and faith in the man his father was; not because of the Jedi dogma Yoda preached during his time as Grand Master of the Jedi order.

Yoda was essentially too old and set in his ways, and had been in charge of the Jedi for far too long.

Great jedi, terrible leader.

Yoda is an interesting character. His youth could be fun to explore in a feature length movie or cartoon.

My two cents anyway.
Check your facts. None of that is Yoda's fault.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

CaulderBenson
03.04.2014 , 10:00 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Check your facts. None of that is Yoda's fault.
Buck stops at the guy in charge. It wasn't President Hoover's fault the stock market crashed eight months after he took office, but he had to shoulder the blame. People can decide for themselves. None of that may have been Yoda's "fault" but all that happened on his watch and he failed to stop a lot of it. There were reasons for that beyond just predetermined fate.

You have to remember, the Jedi did lose the Clone Wars. There was a reason for that. Their outlook, tactics, and strategy was flawed. They way they practiced their belief in how they should be serving the Force and conducting Jedi business ultimately failed.

This was one of the things explored by George Lucas and Dave Filoni over the course of the Clone Wars tv series.They flat out stated the Jedi lost the Clone Wars for reasons not to do solely with tactics, but also to do with how they fought the war as Jedi.

This was explored constantly in the Clone Wars novels and the Dark Horse comics. Maybe you should check those out? They offer some interesting perspectives and ideas.

The Jedi Order - under Yoda - could not stop the Sith, lost both the Clone Wars and their way as Jedi.

Yoda was not the best Grand Master. You can hold a different opinion if you want, but it will be just that - your opinion.

Aurbere
03.04.2014 , 10:41 AM | #58
This was explored constantly in the Clone Wars novels and the Dark Horse comics. Maybe you should check those out? They offer some interesting perspectives and ideas.
Maybe you should do that. I've read pretty much everything Clone Wars. You seem to be forgetting some very crucial facts.
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

CaulderBenson
03.04.2014 , 10:55 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Maybe you should do that. I've read pretty much everything Clone Wars. You seem to be forgetting some very crucial facts.
Nah. I've read it all, and more than you in general I'd wager since you didn't recognize the Darth Vader quote from Splinter of the Mind's Eye in that thread the other day if I recall correctly. Shocking since it's the first EU novel ever written.

And I'm done with this thread. I'm not interested in responding to you anymore, particularly when it's one of the underlying plot points of the Clone Wars based on interviews with Filoni and George Lucas, and it's inherent in the work itself.

Like I said, your opinion is your opinion, same as mine is mine.

Aurbere
03.04.2014 , 12:09 PM | #60
And I'm done with this thread. I'm not interested in responding to you anymore
Good thing, too, because I wasn't interested in responding to you either. But go ahead and continue to think you're right. Doesn't matter to me.

And about that quote. Did you ever think that I may have forgotten it?