Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can my laptop run SWTOR?

bobandaman
03.23.2012 , 08:05 PM | #1
Specs:

HP Pavilion dm4-3055dx Notebook PC

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

2.40 GHz 2nd generation Intel Core i5-2430M Processor with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.00 GHz

Dual core

8GB of RAM, but can go up to 16GB.

Intel HD Graphics 3000

1696 max graphic memory

Antares_Navaar
03.23.2012 , 08:08 PM | #2
If you know all your information like so, check the system requirements.
Neither dark nor light, but both all the same.
Neither hero nor villain, but both all the same.
Neither balanced nor chaotic, but both all the same.
Neither alive nor dead, but both all the same.

mathisk
03.23.2012 , 08:10 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by bobandaman View Post
Specs:
HP Pavilion dm4-3055dx Notebook PC
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
2.40 GHz 2nd generation Intel Core i5-2430M Processor with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.00 GHz Dual core
8GB of RAM, but can go up to 16GB.
Intel HD Graphics 3000
1696 max graphic memory
Can it run it? Yes.

Can it run it well? No.

The 2.4 GHz Mobile processor is going to be slower than you really want for SWTOR. But the real killer is going to be the Intel HD 3000 graphics. That is not really a gaming graphics chipset. It's main use is for desktop graphics and media playback. Trying to play a game like SWTOR is going to bring that chip to its knees.

You really need a dedicated GPU and one that is designed for gaming. The Intel HD series is build into the CPU for convenience and utility, not for advanced features. I've heard that the HD 4000 "might" be capable of gaming, but I have nothing to back that up with. I'd still look for an ATI/nVidia graphics solution for gaming, though.

Paralassa
03.23.2012 , 08:49 PM | #4
Hi there!

There are existing discussion threads regarding computer hardware and performance settings which you may find very helpful:

You can also check out our General FAQs for information about minimum system specifications.

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread. Please use one of the topics linked above for further questions and discussion of hardware specifications. Thank you!