Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Assassin 1.2 changes

Qaoz
03.20.2012 , 07:09 AM | #21
Lightning Recovery is the only good talent in that entire tier. Shroud of Darkness, while beneficial, is a waste of points, but you end up taking one point in it, or Swelling Shadows, to get to the next tier.

arkzehhh
03.20.2012 , 08:32 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ch_Zero View Post
Assassin
Mass Mind Control: Updated this tooltip to correctly state that the ability does not break Stealth. The ability's functionality has not changed.
Madness (Assassin)
The Force in Balance no longer heals the caster if no targets are hit.
Raze's activation effects are now more visible.

I thought deception could use a little work, but it didn't change from the patch notes so I'll continue to be tanking spec for pvp.

With the release coming in about a month,

What are peoples thoughts? concerns?

Is this going to be final?
Completely Agree, Deception at minimum need's a "survivability buff" of some sort....and that's not going into what else should be improved.

jkcheng
03.20.2012 , 10:06 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by arkzehhh View Post
Completely Agree, Deception at minimum need's a "survivability buff" of some sort....and that's not going into what else should be improved.
The survivability buff comes in the form of Sorcs, Concealment Ops, and Mercs all getting nerfed. This is why someone posted "Do you really want them to look closer at your class?", the classes that got looked at got nerfed. I guess nothing changed for us because no one is crying about Assassins in PvP.

NyQuilFast
03.20.2012 , 10:12 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeriese View Post
I don't want them to pay attention to our class. They'll do to us what they did to Sorcs.
Fixed it for you, after 1.2 sorc will no longer be able to heal or dps, as well as survivability gets cut in half.
After reading 1.2 patch notes:
At first i was like
Then i was like
Now i am like /facepalm

Goretzu
03.20.2012 , 11:10 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
You REALLY want them to look more in-depth at your class?

This. Pretty much every class getting changes is getting nerfed.

Lay low and play dead if any Dev looks your way is my advice.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Varicite
03.20.2012 , 11:16 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Maldy View Post
pretty much when they release patchnotes at first.. nothing major is happening between.. no big changes..or corrections.. they say it's subject to change, BUT it never changes... so whats ur point?

Assasins should have been looked at closer.. but they failed at doing so..

and just trolol on mara's now.. *** is going on
Advanced Prototype (Powertech tree) had a hidden buff to their Prototype Flamethrower talent that wasn't reflected in the patch notes.

There have been a few other things that weren't listed in the patch notes, if you check out the PTS forum.

When they say it's "subject to change", it really means not only that they might tweak some of the numbers, but that this is only the "bulk" of the notes, and the rest will follow.

You may still have hope, but I wouldn't expect anything major.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayPres View Post
Strap your digital dog to your digital roof and take your ideologies, lovely wife, and sweet little 8yr old girl to a PVE server where you fit best.

Ch_Zero
03.20.2012 , 11:20 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Varicite View Post
Advanced Prototype (Powertech tree) had a hidden buff to their Prototype Flamethrower talent that wasn't reflected in the patch notes.

There have been a few other things that weren't listed in the patch notes, if you check out the PTS forum.

When they say it's "subject to change", it really means not only that they might tweak some of the numbers, but that this is only the "bulk" of the notes, and the rest will follow.

You may still have hope, but I wouldn't expect anything major.
It's weird because i noticed they've done this a few times, and made changes to even set bonuses without my knowledge.

Ushela
03.23.2012 , 05:04 PM | #28
DPS gear wearing tank sins need nerfed damage, or buff deception/madness so that there is a REASON to spec into them. That is all. If this is not resolved in 1.2 I lose all respect for Georg doing his "job".