Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Orange Gear

LordTraest
03.23.2012 , 09:57 AM | #1
From what it sounds like once you get orange gear in any slot - you dont have to really replace it? Just upgrade the mods? Is there ever a situation that you find a new orange piece and the mods in that piece will only be available through buying that orange piece?

Thanks

Skjoldr
03.23.2012 , 10:00 AM | #2
That is correct, however there are many different pieces of the orange. Find what you want and then stick with it. 1.2 update is going to allow a much broader spectrum of choices now. It's all about the looks.

Osskscosco
03.23.2012 , 10:10 AM | #3
To answer your last question: yes. PvP or PvE gears have better mods so you have to buy the item then remove the mods and use them in your orange gear, it will be possibly after game update 1.2
Osskscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscos coscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscosco scoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscosc oscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscos coscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscosco scoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscoscosc oscoscoscoscoscoscosco.......it never ends.

VanorDM
03.23.2012 , 10:37 AM | #4
I want to clarify the above a bit.

From 1st to 50 you can buy mods with commendations, or in some cases credits. You can also craft them or buy crafted ones. For orange gear you don't need anything else from 1st to 50th.

At 50 you will start wanting better mods that can be bought with daily commendations. You can do the dailies on Illium, Belsavis and after 1.2 Corellia.

Also after 1.2 you will be able to pull the mods out of the end game PvE and PvP gear that you get from raids and other places and put those in the orange gear you like best.

LordTraest
03.23.2012 , 11:31 AM | #5
Wow... so the gear can truely grow with you. Sweet!

Natarii
03.23.2012 , 12:02 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTraest View Post
Wow... so the gear can truely grow with you. Sweet!
My thoughts exactly! I love the concept of Custom gear - coming from that 'other' game, there was nothing like this that compared to the freedom of choice of look for your character. I cannot wait until 1.2 lets me outfit my veritable fortress of orange gear that's pilled away with Tier 3+ mods.
Dark Lord of Altaholics Anonymous
Sword of Ajunta Pall - Sith Empire