Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BoP has got to go

zaerox
12.16.2011 , 06:17 AM | #21
There should be a need button for companions that when used it beats greed but does not beat need for characters
ShAdOwS -Sith Assassin-

Claymaniac
12.16.2011 , 06:53 AM | #22
BoP needs to stay. Can't have too much great gear tradeable as it promotes gold selling/buying. However, I would be totally cool with having a window of time to trade between group members when an item drops.

In the end though, not much you can do with some people in PuGs. I'm sure accidents happen from time to time and for those times, being able to trade within group is a good thing. But some people will ninja no matter what, and its really not possible to regulate that. Just hope you hear of their reputation before engaging with them.
Skeksis: Jedi Sage on Prophecy of the Five. P5 FTW!!!

Kesitah
12.16.2011 , 07:13 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Claymaniac View Post
BoP needs to stay. Can't have too much great gear tradeable as it promotes gold selling/buying. However, I would be totally cool with having a window of time to trade between group members when an item drops.

Absolutely agree. If you look how much gold the BoE Epics from Firelands Trash cost on AH in WoW you see that removing BoP would ONLY promote goldselling. There might be even people who outgear the instance and still doing it for selling the stuff dropping there.
Some items were going for 40000 gold and more. Which is an awful lot in that game (I would say like 100000 credits or such in SWTOR).

But as many others I adovcate to implement WoW's BoP-system where you still can trade a BoP you got, but only to the people who were with you in the instance, and only for 2h (after that the BoP gets permanent, also modding/enchanting the item makes it permanent).

Added to this I would like it to be like in the new LFR Loot system at WoW - where people for whom the item is better "suited" get a bonus to their roll. For some items actually several rolls get the bonus (for example if an item good for tanks and DDs drops, they both get the bonus while healers do not get the bonus).

Akzent
12.16.2011 , 07:32 AM | #24
Had this happen last night, sage rolled need on my double bladed lightsaber, Aion had a good system for this, after loot is distributed there was a 5 minute window where you could trade the item between group members incase of someone winning something by mistake or whatever
Shibbeh - Jedi Consular Shadow Tank

Mephane
12.16.2011 , 07:50 AM | #25
Imho the need button should be deactivated for anything clearly not meant for your class, for example +strength heavy armor only need-able by Warriors/Knights etc. That would also solve the issue when some guy thinks he's clever rolling need for one of his companions when a player needs an item for his actual character.
Ceterum censeo chat bubbles addenda et party bomb reddendum esse.
---
The Alot is Better Than You at Everything

Noxeven
12.16.2011 , 07:58 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Akzent View Post
Had this happen last night, sage rolled need on my double bladed lightsaber, Aion had a good system for this, after loot is distributed there was a 5 minute window where you could trade the item between group members incase of someone winning something by mistake or whatever
If they do anything about this issue I'm gonna say they should do exactly what aion did you have a limited time to trade it to party members but the only difference is that they would need to set a flag that it would only be for party members in the instance and not allow any else to come so we don't have loot rights being sold while that was fun in aion dont really want that here.