Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

iPhone mobile authenticator - how to find 7 digit code

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
iPhone mobile authenticator - how to find 7 digit code
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Drizix
12.16.2011 , 07:24 AM | #1
Dl the authenticator but don't know where to find 7 digit code to activate it/link it to my account.

Klors
12.16.2011 , 07:26 AM | #2
Indeed, the page with the instructions is pretty bad... tells you to click the information icon, which isn't there...
-------------
Klors

kegilert
12.16.2011 , 07:31 AM | #3
Saw in an older thread to delete cookies and log back in. I did that and can see the right information to set up Mobile or Physical authenticators. Firefox and Chrome both let you delete cookies for specific sites so you don't have to trash all your cookies in one fell swoop.

Dutch_Celt
12.16.2011 , 07:38 AM | #4
You can find the 7 digit code on your account page under the security key, after you click the mobile option.

It was removed for some time yesterday, but it should be back.

AkilZodiac
12.16.2011 , 07:42 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Dutch_Celt View Post
You can find the 7 digit code on your account page under the security key, after you click the mobile option.

It was removed for some time yesterday, but it should be back.
Okay... Then what is the activation code?
DecemberCrew

We could pre-order in July? Whatever.

Dutch_Celt
12.16.2011 , 07:43 AM | #6
It should be there as well.

AkilZodiac
12.16.2011 , 07:45 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Dutch_Celt View Post
It should be there as well.
There's nothing on the website giving me my serial number or activation code. It simply brings me to the page where I enter both codes, tells me where they are on my iPod (it tells me to click the information bar, which isn't on my iPod).

People like you keep saying it's on the website, in "My Account" under security key, but there is nothing there that is helping.
DecemberCrew

Wildcat
12.16.2011 , 07:45 AM | #8
Thanks for the help. Got mine set up finally.

I can't stress enough, as an IT professional, as a victim of SOE's "hackergate" fiasco, that everyone SHOULD set this up on your iDevice or buy the key chain device.
Wildcat: 50 Sage, Wildkat: 50 Shadow, J'ackk: 45 Scoundrel, Thrashh: 39 Mercenary

AkilZodiac
12.16.2011 , 07:46 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Thanks for the help. Got mine set up finally.

I can't stress enough, as an IT professional, as a victim of SOE's "hackergate" fiasco, that everyone SHOULD set this up on your iDevice or buy the key chain device.
What exactly did you do? I followed his instructions but there's nothing on this site giving me a serial number.
DecemberCrew

Drizix
12.16.2011 , 07:52 AM | #10
Figured it out. Yes you log on, go to "my account" and click on "set up authenticator". Have to have app open and account info open at the same time. It will give you a 7 digit code to enter then a 20 digit right below that. Enter the 7 digitt first, then it will ask for the 20 digit code(they cannot be copied and pasted so write them down carefully). After that, the app will display an 8 digit code that you put in a space at the bottom of the account page. From that point on you will need authenticator to log on.