Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guardian/Juggernaut dps specs do not need a dps buff

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Guardian/Juggernaut dps specs do not need a dps buff

bananaface
03.21.2012 , 11:54 AM | #11
juggs got nerfed, read the patch notes again tyvm.

edit:
you dont crit 7k on a target with 600+ expertise so that screenie is irrelevant.
the average with high surge and BM gear is 4-4.5k
The Butcher Legacy
Cause butchering ingame wasn't enough, why I became one IRL.
ToFN

Jageera
03.21.2012 , 01:14 PM | #12
Nearly every important ability for a Focus Guardian got a 3 second increase in cooldown. Force Statis got a 13 second increase in cooldown. Force Sweep (the big aoe burst hit) lost 10% damage.

That's a buff?
"Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting."

Caelrie
03.22.2012 , 01:15 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by bananaface View Post
juggs got nerfed, read the patch notes again tyvm.

edit:
you dont crit 7k on a target with 600+ expertise so that screenie is irrelevant.
the average with high surge and BM gear is 4-4.5k
Wish my operative could hit that hard, and she's SUPPOSED to be a burst DPS spec.

Bangs
03.22.2012 , 03:23 AM | #14
I don't understand the fascination with the focus/rage trees. It's by far the most boring spec I've played in this game so far. The damage isn't as great as everyone makes it out to be either. Getting a big crit doesn't mean you're doing a good amount of DPS.

I've been hit just as hard by other abilities in this game that don't require a painful long and obvious set up. That's without even mentioning how easy is it to avoid it.

JoeOrno
03.22.2012 , 03:53 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Bangs View Post
I don't understand the fascination with the focus/rage trees. It's by far the most boring spec I've played in this game so far. The damage isn't as great as everyone makes it out to be either. Getting a big crit doesn't mean you're doing a good amount of DPS.

I've been hit just as hard by other abilities in this game that don't require a painful long and obvious set up. That's without even mentioning how easy is it to avoid it.
This was for the most part my impression aswell....and without a group anything melts you.
Terentateks? Joe Orno soloed eighteen Terentateks with one hand tied behind his back...And he said " Ooorah!" each time one hit the dust!
(〓█:\\\██δ▀██[Ξ][Pain is weakness leaving the body U.S.M.C

Regurgitate
03.22.2012 , 04:34 AM | #16
Felling Blow is now a 3-point skill with the same overall effect. The effect now lasts 20 seconds (up from 15).

Force Exhaustion's cooldown has been reduced to 18 seconds. Its overall effect is unchanged.

Gravity now specifically affects Freezing Force and Force Exhaustion.

Inner Focus has been redesigned. It now requires 2 points in Singularity and causes

Combat Focus to immediately grant 2 stacks of Singularity per point.

Master Focus now increases the damage of Master Strike instead of affecting Force Stasis.

Singularity's buff effects now last 20 seconds (up from 15).

Swelling Winds is now located in Tier 1 of the Focus skill tree. It increases the damage dealt by Force Sweep and Cyclone Slash and reduces the cooldown of Force Sweep.

Through Peace, a new 2-point skill located in Tier 6, has been added. It reduces the initial activation cost of Focused Defense by 1 Focus per point.

Unwavering Focus has been removed from the game.

Zealous Leap now immobilizes the target for 1 second.

Zephyr has been replaced by Zephyrean Slash, which allows Slash critical hits to have a chance to refund 2 points of Focus while the Guardian is in Shii-Cho Form.

so 10 seconds on stasis cd is the only nerf?? for all of that.

Inner Focus has been redesigned. It now requires 2 points in Singularity and causes Combat Focus to immediately grant 2 stacks of Singularity per point. - almost makes up for it in some way...

Onager
03.22.2012 , 01:16 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Regurgitate View Post
DUH THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY

Look out for the longevity of this class......by not buff it now. Because thats what it got was a buff, not a nerf.
You're clearly not taking the removal of Zephyr from the game into consideration. Sweep bombs are every 12 seconds in 1.2 instead of 9. The sliders on the class can go up in every other area but with a 25% cooldown increase it would still be a net nerf.
[Emyr - Sage]+[Kack - Guardian] [Guildmaster - <Wight Trash>] [Drooga's Pleasure Barge]
PVE Healing guides! [Sage] [Sorcerer]

Vraesh
03.22.2012 , 04:09 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Regurgitate View Post
This thread has nothing to do with pve, Marauders seem to have some good sustained dps in pve anyway imo.
Then this thread belongs in the PvP forum.