Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Biochem 1.2 Nerf details inside

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Biochem 1.2 Nerf details inside
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Blackardin
03.22.2012 , 08:02 AM | #21
He did not say, "rather then achieve an augment slot". If we are going to interpret could we not assume that you would get both an augment slot on your first item and a second implant?

Either way, the most important news coming out of this patch is as follows.

In related news, Balmorra Microprocessor Corporation has announced the discovery of a critical engineering flaw in the 'appreciation' subroutine of their bestselling 'Droid Vocal Response Chip' used on almost all ship maintenance droids currently available. The flaw is said to cause excessive expression of appreciation towards owners entering the proximity sensors of their Droids and is likely to blame for the sharp increase in escape pod related incidents around the galaxy over the last two months. A repair and replacement plan for the affected units has been devised and is said to take effect in the immediate future."

CalBears
03.22.2012 , 11:25 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by chrisftw View Post
and yet when seers all around except those who've actually played on the PTS have said their healing is now worthless.

when a player on the PTS has already proved that its actually more viable just slightly harder. what's written can read a lot differently than it plays. and you have NO IDEA what they have in store for the future of crew skills.
Who said it was "more" viable? I'm not necessarily doubting you, just haven't read that. Could you provide a link if possible?

I've read healing is still viable but more challenging...but that's not the same as more viable (which to me would imply an improvement in overall healing capability/capacity at the expense of being more challenging...if that's not how you're defining "more viable," than just let me know and ignore the request).

But I have not read any reports that 1.2 healing on PTS is better/more viable than current healing. Mostly it's about how it's not as bad as people think, it can still work, etc., etc.

Altyrell
03.22.2012 , 11:31 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackardin View Post
If we are going to interpret could we not assume that you would get both an augment slot on your first item and a second implant?
Exactly, for all anyone who hasn't tried it on the PTS knows, THAT could be how it is done.

Biochem Crafter Crits on an Implant, gets Implant A W/ Augment Slot and gets Implant B W/O Augment Slot

djcreature
03.22.2012 , 11:36 AM | #24
It's best to not try and ease peoples minds about things like this. EVERY single mmo has those "the sky is falling" people that will complain about everything and anything. It's best to ignore them, let them go to their conspiracy theorists meetings and let them see how things fall on release.

SamuraiLeo
03.22.2012 , 12:14 PM | #25
i dont know why ppl think u cant make money off of biochem, my guildmates throw credits at me to make stims

its like im the guild drug dealer...

ForceWelder
03.22.2012 , 12:50 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuraiLeo View Post
i dont know why ppl think u cant make money off of biochem, my guildmates throw credits at me to make stims

LOL

Now that is funny.
A member of Squadrons 1020 & 367.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Ocili
03.22.2012 , 01:34 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuraiLeo View Post

Majority of raiders in my guild are biochem. No need to have us make anything for each other.

Heck, I had a hard time giving away lower power stims/medpacs as no one wanted them since they were all biochem.
Ocili Sa'Lar | Bodyguard
High Councilor | I Bent My Wookiee

HanzBlix
03.22.2012 , 02:36 PM | #28
Don't forget that they are nerfing the need for medpacs too. Only one will be able to be used during an encounter. Less demand for those as well.

I'm damn glad I didn't drop my armormech for biochem when it was the trendy thing to do. I have my alt for stims to keep me going, since that's pretty much all it's worth at this point.

daveytech
03.22.2012 , 02:56 PM | #29
How important are augment slots on Implants?

When the game was new, and when we were all hitting 50, those lvl 49 aug slotted implants were top notch.

The game has matured some, and those same lvl 49 augment slot implants are not top notch any longer.

I'd say that if augment slots from Implants (and ear pieces) were removed, the biggest impact it will have is on being able to craft Columi implants w/aug slots.

I guess my point is: Isn't Columi going to be less important after the patch?

Also, have they stated that Implants can no longer contain augment slots? (I sure didn't see that in any patch notes).

It is hard to imagine though that crit crafting an implant or earpiece has the end result of two augment slotted items. For all we know, that could be the case too. Until it is confirmed by a PTS player or a Dev, we simply don't know.
----------------------------------------------------------
Slayage - 50 Sorc Healer
Server: Iron Citadel / Guild Leader of <Lumber>
----------------------------------------------------------

BlazingShadow
03.22.2012 , 03:00 PM | #30
Ice Scrabber Jerky...

I remember in SWG when spies got the crap nerfed out of them, and on top of that they had a change related specifically to crafting meat jerky... either prohibiting them or allowing them to craft meat jerky while under stealth.

Man. That's funny. Biochem has suffered the jerky nerf lol