Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class with the best and worst companions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Class with the best and worst companions?

Jakeswed
03.22.2012 , 05:37 AM | #1
Whats everyones opinion on this?

Can't say I've played with every single class to 50 and tested everyone out. But looking over every class and playing some to higher levels I think I've got a good overlook.

In my opinion the class with the best companions is the smuggler.

As a smuggler you get a wookie, a ****** mandalorian chick, a pirate princess and Guss Tuno, the most hilarious companion in pretty much any game I've played. Corso Riggs is lame but every single one after him is awesome.
Close after is the sith inquistor.

As for worst companions in the game its a split between agent and jedi consular. They seem to be getting a bunch of bland and boring companions. Putting me off for playing them.

Aethyriel
03.22.2012 , 07:36 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Jakeswed View Post
Whats everyones opinion on this?

Can't say I've played with every single class to 50 and tested everyone out. But looking over every class and playing some to higher levels I think I've got a good overlook.

In my opinion the class with the best companions is the smuggler.

As a smuggler you get a wookie, a ****** mandalorian chick, a pirate princess and Guss Tuno, the most hilarious companion in pretty much any game I've played. Corso Riggs is lame but every single one after him is awesome.
Close after is the sith inquistor.

As for worst companions in the game its a split between agent and jedi consular. They seem to be getting a bunch of bland and boring companions. Putting me off for playing them.
Can't agree. IA has awesome companions, bland and boring? No way, 3/5 are simply insane in one way or another (well, scorpio is somewhere beyond insane), Ensign Temple (your trainee) is pretty much just a cute girl that you teach stuff, quite fun, nothing special, the 5th companion is part of the kilik hive mind... so... no, they definetly are not boring (well, Vector actually is boring - still a freak though and srsly THE weiredest romance of all time in a videogame... you could probably still do worse in RL)

SI is quite funny with Khem, Andronikus (though I'm not a fan) and Talos (genius VA), Xelek is the most boring companion ever, Ashara brings an interesting perspective of a Jedi joinig the empire.

SW has my alltime fav. companion - Vette. She is just awesome. The rest... ah well, you got a srsly boring Captain with Quinn, a typical brute soldier and a maniac Talz with serious issues... and Jaesa of course who is either the 2nd biggest psycho in the game (nr. 1 is still scorpio) or... well... a jedi.

Can't say much about BH, mako is funny, Blizz is really funny by nature, rest idk.

For the worst comp though - JK, except Kira these are just incredibly boring, I don't get how someone can roll a male JK, play LS and not fall asleep after every dialogue or feel an urge to strangle a hamster or burn some puppies.

Can't say much about the Reps. though but I found the VA/classes(stories) pretty lame compared to Empire and the companions just too... "typical" - like "you're the hero - here are your heroic companions who agree with every heroic thing you do you heroic hero you" whereas the Empire is more like... well, 1 comp. wants to eat my char, one wants to kill him and become a master himself, another one would love to but can't kill me because it has a restraining bolt, another one actually tried to kill me... actually three tried to kill me at some point, all on the same char...hmm... it's just more interesting - watching the JK stoy on yt was like a cascade of faceplams followed by cliche sickness.

Sabredance
03.22.2012 , 08:58 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jakeswed View Post
and Guss Tuno, the most hilarious companion in pretty much any game I've played.

He is also my favourite

Redial
03.22.2012 , 08:58 AM | #4
at endgame companiosn dont matter in the slightest, so i go by looks and humor value

1-blizz
2- guss tuono (could make the argument that he is the best)
3- the hulking robot that JKs get

Skodan
03.22.2012 , 11:46 AM | #5
during the leveling process i'd say trooper has it the best since all their companions wear heavy armor with aim
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

DGolubets
03.22.2012 , 12:49 PM | #6
T7 and Kira are very nice JK companions imo.

HeavensTerror
03.22.2012 , 01:14 PM | #7
Yeah I loved my Smuggler's companions. Both the Warrior and Knight where meh tbh. Only ones I liked where Vetta and Kira.
The Bastion Forerunner legacy
Ionenla Gunslinger
Twileky Sentinel
Lonenla Vanguard

Barrgil
03.22.2012 , 02:26 PM | #8
For me,

BEST:
Blizz. You have to love the guy, he calls you 'Boss' and it's just plain awesome. Comic relief companions are the best.

Mako. No, not because she's the 'hottest companion ever', but because she's sweet and tomboy-ish. She reflects my real life personality a lot, and that's probably one reason to like her.

2V-R8 - Yes, the ship droid. I like the ship droid, though annoying, he does insanely better than most of my other companions on crew skills. He crits more of my items that my other companions with bonuses on them! That and he's the only one that actually respects and does everything for you to make you happy.

WORST:
T7: I wish this stupid droid would just melt and die. I hate this thing and my goal is to make him leave. I actually hate this worse than ship droids.

Ashara: I hate the republic. I hate this companion. I hate the republic because of this companion. Ugly, completely devoted to Jedi teachings in front of a SITH LORD. WHY CAN'T I FRY HER WITH LIGHTNING?!

Tharan Cedrax: His 'charms' sicken me. The more he tries to flirt with me makes me want to force choke him myself. His jokes are horrible, and his holographic dancer gets on my nerves to no end.

Nadia Grell: There's no reason for me to like this thing. Any companion who is pro-jedi is something I want to get rid of.
KÓra - Deception Assassin
Bargil - Hybrid Sorcerer
DARKHOUND - Hyperspace Cannon | Dara Mactire - The Crucible Pits

Achromatis
03.23.2012 , 01:30 AM | #9
Tharan Cedrax is the best, because he has the best companion ability in the game. Blizz is second because Jawas are awesome - he would be first if I could punt him into enemies, but because I cant I have to dock some points.

Bowdarr is the worst. Hes big, smelly, and if you get him wet he stinks up the ship for DAYS. And theres that whole "RRRRRWWWWWWWOOOOOOORRRRRAAAAAAWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRR!!!" thing.
Not Meant to Be a Factual Statement

The plural of anecdote is not data

Marak
03.23.2012 , 02:00 AM | #10
My favorite so far (I don't have a SW, Trooper, or BH of any notable level) is the JK companions. T7 is pretty cute. Kira is interesting and has a cool story. Doc is hilarious. Seriously love Doc. Rusk is pretty meh. Scourge is cool because he's huge in the lore.

Least favorite is the SI set. Khem is kinda cool. Andy is kinda meh. Should've been more like Oghren in DA1. The rest aren't all that hot.