Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was Darth Vadar an idiot?

Canino
03.22.2012 , 07:02 AM | #11
Personally, I believe that Anakin was in denial about the dark side of the force. This is shown when he is on Mustafar and Obi-wan tells him he has turned and Anakin says no, that Obi-wan is dark. Finally, when he is officially Vader, he understands that he is dark, but it is to late to go back. Also, he is sith, and you have to focus on the now. If a chance to kill your master arrives, and you want to, you take it. no buts about it.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

kirorx
03.22.2012 , 11:06 AM | #12
I used to love Darth Vader. Then the prequels....Now, IMO he is lame.

He is just very emotionally weak.

Lucas knows nothing about human nature. Having served over seas and worked as a firefighter/parmedic for the past several years, working around death makes you rather numb to it.

I am not saying death does not bother you, but you just dont freak out or lose control just because your mom died. You develop more acceptance, "it happens".

So you would think: A "Jedi" that served during wartime, and had no problem chopping off Dookus head would not flip out over his wife possibly dying.

He would be sad but he would cope well, death was a major part fo his life already. He acted like teenage kid with no life experience.

Wolfninjajedi
03.22.2012 , 11:09 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
I used to love Darth Vader. Then the prequels....Now, IMO he is lame.

He is just very emotionally weak.

Lucas knows nothing about human nature. Having served over seas and worked as a firefighter/parmedic for the past several years, working around death makes you rather numb to it.

I am not saying death does not bother you, but you just dont freak out or lose control just because your mom died. You develop more acceptance, "it happens".

So you would think: A "Jedi" that served during wartime, and had no problem chopping off Dookus head would not flip out over his wife possibly dying.

He would be sad but he would cope well, death was a major part fo his life already. He acted like teenage kid with no life experience.
Just one difference there, Dooku was the enemy who he didn't like(and he knew it was wrong to kill him) whereas Padme was someone he loved. Plus already Anakin was emotionally unstable in EP 1, even Yoda knows this...plus the fact he also lost his mother in EP 2 doesn't really help him. If he had been taken in as an infant, he would have better control over his emotions.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

kirorx
03.22.2012 , 11:21 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Just one difference there, Dooku was the enemy who he didn't like(and he knew it was wrong to kill him) whereas Padme was someone he loved. Plus already Anakin was emotionally unstable in EP 1, even Yoda knows this...plus the fact he also lost his mother in EP 2 doesn't really help him. If he had been taken in as an infant, he would have better control over his emotions.
I agree about him being unstable. The fact that he is this emotional train wreck is where i just stop liking him.

I imagine if the war ended and he was home all the time with padme; she would divorce him.

Why she want to live with guy like that, when she could have kit fisto.

jbuschell
03.22.2012 , 11:22 AM | #15
For those saying George Lucas is dumb, you're commenting on a forum for a game that is based on his Intellectual property which he got Oprah rich off of, I don't think he's an idiot at all
E-Thuggin since 1987

Guildrum
03.22.2012 , 11:30 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
I agree about him being unstable. The fact that he is this emotional train wreck is where i just stop liking him.

I imagine if the war ended and he was home all the time with padme; she would divorce him.

Why she want to live with guy like that, when she could have kit fisto.
Except that she couldn't have Kit because Kit was following the code. Duh.

And there are emotionally unstable people in the real world, plenty of them. Ever go to a high school? There are people who freak out in real life because their mother died, or the person they loved was not allowed to love them.
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith

Captain_Zone
03.22.2012 , 12:35 PM | #17
Answering as bluntly as possible here. Yes, Anakin Skywalker was an idiot.

That said, Darth Vader starting in Episode IV was the epitome of Evil Cool.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Jorelle
03.22.2012 , 04:20 PM | #18
i dont know if this helps but it does explain alot of stuff with anakin being the chosen one.
and makes me appreciate star wars more. plus there are more links to behind the info scenes as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqLsQClut5c

then here is one about palpatine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjdyc...e=like-suggest
"Mandalorians Don't make threats. We make promises."

Wolfninjajedi
03.22.2012 , 04:44 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Jorelle View Post
i dont know if this helps but it does explain alot of stuff with anakin being the chosen one.
and makes me appreciate star wars more. plus there are more links to behind the info scenes as well.

Love em! Watched em both, I couldn't remember them so thanks for posting.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Invictos
03.22.2012 , 07:23 PM | #20
Question: Was Darth Vader an idiot?

Answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(Truthfully, I'm only posting here so I don't lose the post quoted below. Looking forward to watching those videos. FWIW, Mathew Stover's novelization of Revenge of the Sith is also very good for fleshing out the story. When you consider what Stover had to work with, his work is really quite amazing.)

Quote: Originally Posted by Jorelle View Post