Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If you support someone on planet LFG, but are higher lvl does it hurt them?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
If you support someone on planet LFG, but are higher lvl does it hurt them?

Bigdavej
03.22.2012 , 09:44 AM | #1
Long winded title i know.

but just a quick question, i am lvl 34, I quite like helping on heroics when i can as know on some planets people is sparce and hard to find help.

Now gone back to Nar shaddaa as my storyline takes me back, of course the heroics there are about lvl 21-24.

was only a handful on so i said i'd help out on a couple of the heroics, I of course get only 5xp because its well above my level, but how does it effect the others who are of course trying to build their XP at the time.

They seem to have got 11,000xp from asking, so if that full amount or does it get reduced because i'm helping out and it makes it easier.

I ask because i like to help, but don't want to if it as such makes it worthless for them.

anyone know the full facts?

Erevan_Kindelar
03.22.2012 , 09:48 AM | #2
When doing flashpoints, if one player in the group has out-leveled the content so the mobs and mission are grey, then all group members will get 5-10xp for kills. I have noticed that things like bonus mission objectives seem to give more xp, but cannot claim that they all do. Also, completion of the overall Flashpoint mission will give 5xp to all party members.
Credit rewards are unaffected.
As far as I know, the same pattern applies to planetary Heroic missions as well, but as they are repeatable the following day, most people are happy to complete the mission and lose the xp result.

Bigdavej
03.22.2012 , 10:37 AM | #3
ah fair enough so maybe depends on how far ahead you are to if it effects, i guess me being 8-9 levels higher didn't do too much damage as they got good xp so must be okto a limit as you say.

ScarletBlaze
03.22.2012 , 10:43 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Erevan_Kindelar View Post
When doing flashpoints, if one player in the group has out-leveled the content so the mobs and mission are grey, then all group members will get 5-10xp for kills. I have noticed that things like bonus mission objectives seem to give more xp, but cannot claim that they all do. Also, completion of the overall Flashpoint mission will give 5xp to all party members.
Credit rewards are unaffected.
As far as I know, the same pattern applies to planetary Heroic missions as well, but as they are repeatable the following day, most people are happy to complete the mission and lose the xp result.
Not true. I am level 34 and a level 50 was in the flashpoint with us and he got 5 xp but i got way above that.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

casi
03.22.2012 , 10:51 AM | #5
No it should not reduce their xp on the flashpoints or heroic missions. I have just got to 42 and a friend that has been 50 for awhile has been helping me on heroics and flashpoints and my experience has not been reduced when I turn them in.

The only thing that is reduced is the xp from killing npc but I still get more than 5 or 10 xp per mob that we kill.

The only time I have seen me get 5 xp is when I have done a mission that is 5 or 10 levels below my level but not on a mission that is in my range.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. Guild Roleplay in Progress:Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

Agitate
03.22.2012 , 10:55 AM | #6
Quest turn ins are currently unaffected by higher level characters. I leveled a friend through Drummond Kaas yesterday on my 50. It took less than two hours to do and he was the appropriate level for the next zone. This is Biowares best kept secret. Lets no longer talk about it.
Am I bugging you? I'm not touching you! Am I bugging you? I'm not touching you! Am I bugging you?
I'm not touching you!

Bigdavej
03.22.2012 , 11:01 AM | #7
its good to hear, because of course some planets at the quiet times you may only have 6-10 people on the planet, but if you get a player afew levels higher than the quest it only needs 2 of you than 4..........much easier then to get the mission done in them times.

but at least they aint lost stuff with me helping.