Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Medpacks... are you kidding me?!?!!?!?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Medpacks... are you kidding me?!?!!?!?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Moshpet
03.22.2012 , 10:02 AM | #1
Medpacs can now only be used once per fight. When a medpac is used during combat, another cannot be used until after combat has ended.

This is a huge mistake.

1- There exists no mechanic to determine when a fight over and the next mob begins for your character alone. Considering that there exists a bug where you companion agros mobs on it's own now.... this becomes even more problematic.

2- Group mechanics currently can not differentiate if you are out of combat if your party wanders off and attacks something while you yourself are trying to catch a second wind. This is clearly demonstrated by elevators that will not let you use them if you party is in combat, loot boxes that can not be opened and the like.

2a- Does anyone NOT see a problem when -1- member of a Operation is -stuck- in combat mode and no one can use a med pack????

3-This change was not asked for by the player community.
~~~~~~~~
All bribes must be in the form of Dark Chocolate Please
Or Cash,Have fun
M.

Cbrinegar
03.22.2012 , 10:08 AM | #2
3.you dont need users feedback to make changes

and 1-2 try it before you complain, it might sound like its a bad change but TRY it before posting negative feedback. Lowering the reuse on pvp medpacks is a nice change, and the game does have systems inplace to track when your out of combat, if your group seems to be chain pulling try saying stop for 5 seconds its not like its a big deal really.
Eriad - 50 Hybrid Pyro Power Tech

Blotter
03.22.2012 , 10:11 AM | #3
It wasn't asked for? Really? People were all over the forums stroking e-peen about how "easy this game is" and "I'm so good I can just faceroll everything in this game" and "you need to make it all so much harder for 'hardcores' like me." Well, that's what BW is doing. Instead of re-tuning dungeons etc., they'er making it all harder by nerfbatting healers and other resources.

I'm pretty sure alot of this nonsense BW is trying to pull in 1.2 is a giant case of "be careful what you wish for."
Captain Bubblevendor Targetdummy reporting for doody.

Azhat
03.22.2012 , 10:12 AM | #4
I agree that medpac's on a 1 per fight basis is complete BS. Unlike the jug/mar , assasin and other classes that dont have a heal its not an improvement because honestly how often do u come out of combat in pvp especially like hutball where its close corners.

veyl
03.22.2012 , 10:13 AM | #5
They're just following Warcraft's timeline of Alchemy.

Next up will be choosing between Medpack // Stat buff boost for 20 seconds.

Zaodon
03.22.2012 , 10:15 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Cbrinegar View Post

and 1-2 try it before you complain, it might sound like its a bad change but TRY it before posting negative feedback. Lowering the reuse on pvp medpacks is a nice change, and the game does have systems inplace to track when your out of combat, if your group seems to be chain pulling try saying stop for 5 seconds its not like its a big deal really.
PvP?

What PvP fights are you in which last over 90 seconds? Healer vs healer? ROFL.

Maybe in Voidstar, as defender, I can see you being in combat > 90 seconds if you are amazing and never die. Maybe.

This change is a complete non-issue for PvP. This affects PvE Boss Fights tremendously, however.

Smoothjedi
03.22.2012 , 10:16 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Blotter View Post
It wasn't asked for? Really? People were all over the forums stroking e-peen about how "easy this game is" and "I'm so good I can just faceroll everything in this game" and "you need to make it all so much harder for 'hardcores' like me." Well, that's what BW is doing. Instead of re-tuning dungeons etc., they'er making it all harder by nerfbatting healers and other resources.

I'm pretty sure alot of this nonsense BW is trying to pull in 1.2 is a giant case of "be careful what you wish for."
If you need harder content, buff the enemies. Don't nerf the players. It only sows discontent.

Draxxen
03.22.2012 , 10:17 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Moshpet View Post
Medpacs can now only be used once per fight. When a medpac is used during combat, another cannot be used until after combat has ended.

This is a huge mistake.

1- There exists no mechanic to determine when a fight over and the next mob begins for your character alone. Considering that there exists a bug where you companion agros mobs on it's own now.... this becomes even more problematic.

2- Group mechanics currently can not differentiate if you are out of combat if your party wanders off and attacks something while you yourself are trying to catch a second wind. This is clearly demonstrated by elevators that will not let you use them if you party is in combat, loot boxes that can not be opened and the like.

3-This change was not asked for by the player community.
Changes such as this are never requested by the community. However, it makes encounters easier to design around. Medpacs are the emergency, going to die, need health instantly type item. Being able to use them several times throughout the fight mitigates the encounter. This type of change was required for balance.
Operative Healer - Iron Citadel
Cali Killed Nox
Progression Based Raiding
Now Recruiting - Apply Today

bigheadbrandon
03.22.2012 , 10:18 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Smoothjedi View Post
If you need harder content, buff the enemies. Don't nerf the players. It only sows discontent.
how can they design challenging fights around players being able to just pop medpacks every 90 seconds

deal with it bub

Moshpet
03.22.2012 , 10:19 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Cbrinegar View Post

I am on PTS daily due to the need for real testing.

I know exactly how this is going to play out in pve, and if you actually read the conditions I stated, you'd see the problems I see.
~~~~~~~~
All bribes must be in the form of Dark Chocolate Please
Or Cash,Have fun
M.