Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To all those who are pissed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
To all those who are pissed

Ahebish
03.21.2012 , 08:39 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroecon View Post
ToR is still relatively new, and during beta the power of the single overpowered Mara/Sent tree was not well known. Moreover everyone assumed the subclass would get nerfed. GZ said as much. That's why the Mara/Sent population is still relatively low. But now that the all-clear has been sounded with the 1.2 patch notes, even if a tree shift is needed, everything is shifting to high gear. Eventually of course Mara/Sents will get nerfed. But that's something in the July/August timeframe - it won't happen until well after Mara/Sents dominate rated wz and begin shifting BW's statistical reports.
So when do concealments get the all clear? Before or after everyone realizes how overpowered mars/sents will be in 1.2? Before or after concealments receive a 6th nerf? Before or after everyone realizes there is no counter class to a mar/sent other than a concealment which incidently got nerf'd for the 5th time now?

See my point yet?

Badlander
03.21.2012 , 11:35 AM | #22
Mara/Sent is not OP... Funny how BH/trooper and Sorc/Sage 80% of the time are 1-2-3 on the damage/kills list. Yes do Mara/Sent get up there sure. But, only the good ones.
VULKAR HIGHWAY PVP SERVER
PANTHER - MARAUDER - ANNIHILATION SPEC

subrosian
03.22.2012 , 01:59 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Badlander View Post
Like i said you may see a bunch of Mara/sent in your WZ but only 1-2 will be at the top on the scoreboard. The rest will be down at the bottom.
Please explain to me how all 12 of the Maras in the last Huttball I played could be in the top half of the DPS scoreboard. I'll wait.

subrosian
<Epitome>
epitomeraiding.com

Spero-Mcgee
03.22.2012 , 02:18 AM | #24
Mara/Sent is not OP... Funny how BH/trooper and Sorc/Sage 80% of the time are 1-2-3 on the damage/kills list. Yes do Mara/Sent get up there sure. But, only the good ones.
This guy is right, there's tons of jedi consulars on my server since I'm playing rep side.
Alot of the dps ones top the boards, next are the healer ones. And then you might see the occasional trooper having a high prot. score but that's about it. There's one guy on my server whom I met during huttball being a fellow guildie as well, he shuts down my balance jedi sage like no ones business, when critting gets 5K and such and well as you know when a melee gets in the face of a ranged and he/she can't get away it's a free kill.
I doubt that I myself can manage that well once I reach lvl 50 with my own sent, but it's a fact that between say a vigilance jk and a sent, a sent has to pay attention to an extra resource called centering, has to keep the snares and HPS debuff off and a whole lot of other stuff. Only with my healing scoundrel can I actually get away from sent/maras if my CD's are avaible but any other class and I feel vunerable as hell against them.
And the really good ones? Ouch...
Well except with my tank speced vanguard, but that's only thanks to the high HP, defensive CDs. I do like the 5% extra damage against players, when I guard though.
It encourages me to guard even more, which I already do since that's my role then.

Alzor
03.22.2012 , 05:19 AM | #25
Got to love all these people who say this and that about Mara/Sent and have never played one. If they are so overpowered and easy to play in pvp as people say they are you would have people playing them not sorc//sage BH//trooper.

Like i said you may see a bunch of Mara/sent in your WZ but only 1-2 will be at the top on the scoreboard. The rest will be down at the bottom.
Got my face kicked in yesterday by a group in Alderaan. It had one sorcerer healer, 2 sith assassins and the rest were marauders. No imperial operatives or snipers, no bounty hunters, just a lot of lightsabers. They ganked myself and the other medic quickly like champs, then proceeded to wipe the floor with our bodies.