Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was Darth Vadar an idiot?

ellrochell
03.21.2012 , 09:16 PM | #1
Right when he first becomes Darth Vader, Sidious is all like go kill the separatists there on Mustafar. Did he not think wait how do you know where there hiding? and yeah they could probably say oh yeah he found out from his republic sources, but when he arrives viceroy is all like been expecting you off Sidious. Could some lore nut clear this up for me? like did vadar actually know palp started the whole war? if so why the hell did he fall for it, yeah yeah you can say it was all about saving the one he loved but at the end of the day it was mainly about saving the republic.

Wolfninjajedi
03.21.2012 , 09:20 PM | #2
Because at that point, Anakin was too far gone to the point he didn't care.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

ellrochell
03.21.2012 , 09:24 PM | #3
but still, sith arnt idiots. He could think to himself oh yeah palp started all this? How can the jedi actually be tratiors to the republic?

shorlock
03.21.2012 , 09:42 PM | #4
Palpatine had been screwing with Anakins mind for a long time and the Jedi council did not fully trust Anakin, after he was manipulated into disarming Windu he just did not care anymore and gave into his dark side.
The only thing that could pull him back was his wife who of course died, making Sidious a very happy chappy.
In the future of course his son would pull him back.

RipVanWinkleX
03.22.2012 , 02:47 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ellrochell View Post
but still, sith arnt idiots. He could think to himself oh yeah palp started all this? How can the jedi actually be tratiors to the republic?
He knew about it at the time. Like you said, he was not an idiot. But, at the same time he said in the very movie he will overthrow the new emperor for the good of the galaxy and make himself the new emperor.

He wanted to learn from emperor and then kill him when he has learned everything he can. Anakin has always liked the idea of a empire instead of a republic even before his downfall.

The Sith always knows that the apprentice are the one's that will betray the master, if the master was not strong enough stop the betrayal then the apprentices must be more powerful.

Hell, Vadar has always sought out ways to get rid of the emperor. Palpatine even catches him a few times in the EU.
PVP/US East/18+/Moderate

CrimsonFire
03.22.2012 , 02:57 AM | #6
No but looking at the difference in story, 4-6 to 1-3 I believe George Lucas is.
-------< EXCISION >-------
Mature PvP Vets - All Gaming Fun
Read more...

ademnus
03.22.2012 , 03:40 AM | #7
I think we are also led to believe that anakin was slowly being chewed on by the dark side of the force like a drug addiction, worsening over time, and he wasn't totally aware of its influence until it was too late. It blinded him to a lot of things.
translation
Will the owner of a gray Death Star please move your non-moon planet-killing spacestation? You're blocking a fire hydrant.

mefit
03.22.2012 , 06:33 AM | #8
Difference between being dumb and not careing . Vadar was selfish in his love for Padme , I don't think he was ever really dumb .

He built robots and flew SpaceShips, can you do that ?
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

Domiinick
03.22.2012 , 06:42 AM | #9
Anakin started out as very pure, but before Obi-wan could really mold him, Palpatine got into his head, constantly made him second guess the jedi teachings.

I hate palpatine more than anyt other character in Star Wars.. but he was a genius at controlling anakin, even turning him to the dark side, and his right hand.
"Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe. " - Voltaire

Ancaglon
03.22.2012 , 06:46 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CrimsonFire View Post
No but looking at the difference in story, 4-6 to 1-3 I believe George Lucas is.
Good call I refuse to buy Ep. 3 after I saw it in the cinema because of the stupid ending(s).
Spoiler

I think George Lucas started believing his own BS about how "Ep. 4-6" was the "middle trilogy" of a 9-part epic.