Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KP Normal

Nikons
03.21.2012 , 12:43 AM | #1
I have watched countless Vids. Looked and read at anything i could find but are having alot of trouble with Fab. Only boss right now. We have killed him once and finished the instance.

Just having a lot of issues with this boss. We do EV Norm and EV hard to get gears for all members but this boss is just frustrating the **** out of me.

We knock back the stun droids. Kill them only if they cause a big fuss and have 2 tanks for the boss and even have done 2 dps on the fab and did pretty well. Any suggestions please offer.

-PoLaRiS-
03.21.2012 , 01:03 AM | #2
It's really all about the "Clickers" solving the puzzle. We run 3 Ranged dps up there & they knock back the Proximity mines to keep solving the puzzle as quickly as possible. Melee & and the current off-tank dps the stun droids down in between burn phases.

We only use the Right & middle also. Left is stupid, even in HM. Sadly, this fight is easier on Hard-mode than it is on Normal.... Still.
PolariZ
<Fearless –eception>
50 - PowerTech - Shield Tech

anstalt
03.21.2012 , 07:47 AM | #3
Our strat for normal mode:

Team setup - 2 tanks, 2 healers, 4 dps (minimum of 2 ranged dps).

Clickers - 2 ranged DPS plus a healer to solve the puzzle. Healer in the middle, ranged dps either side. Have them practice solving the puzzle before the fight. Make sure they get to the point where they can move the entire stack from right to mid in ~10seconds without talking.

General Strategy:

1) Only use right and mid fires. This is for two reasons: makes positioning easier for RDPS and healers and also practice for HM.

2) When you "fire" the boss, the two ranged DPS up top run forwards to the end of their platforms and do some ranged dps on the boss. The RDPS on the left will have to run to the platform in the middle (in front of healer).

3) The instant the boss puts armour on himself, clickers go back to solving puzzle.

4) Have tanks swop aggro at 4+ armour debuffs. Be vocal.

5) DPS players who aren't clicking must kill stun droids on right and mid ASAP, otherwise tanks/healers will be in trouble.

6) There are striped yellow lines either side of the blast radius of the fire. Have the tank and melee dps stand on these yellow lines and position the boss in between them. If you are stood on the yellow line, you do not take flame damage. If you follow this rule then clickers can "fire" as soon as they are ready.

7) As a slight tweak, if you have a sage healing downstairs, get them to drop their AoE heal after each tank-swop. We found this meant the old-tank would heal to full just by standing in the puddle so sage could focus on new tank.

This fight succeeds or fails based on the puzzle solvers. If they are too slow, or the healer lets one of them die to a mine, you'll fail.
Anstalt - lvl 50 valor 81 Shadow Consular

Currently retired due to poor design decisions within the game that have killed its longevity. Get rid of Hickman before he ruins the game completely!

JusticePope
03.21.2012 , 09:12 AM | #4
I raid lead for my guild, and while researching this fight when we initially attempted it, I came across the actual name of the puzzle, which is entirely the key to understanding this fight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Hanoi

The .gif there shoes how to do it when using four blocks, but the game only uses three.

We're running with 1 Jug, 1 Sin as Tanks, 2 Merc RDPS, 1 Sin DPS, 1 Sniper DPS, 1 Sorc Healer, 1 Op Healer.

The tanks trade off at 4-5 stacks of the debuff. Melee should stand outside of the yellow crossbars when damaging the boss as to not get obliterated by triggering the fire that weakens the boss.

When the boss is not weakened, the DPS on the bottom should focus on killing Stun Droids ASAP.

We put 1 Merc, 1 Sniper, and the Sorc Healer up top. The healer heals the two DPS solving the puzzle as well as assisting the Operative on the ground. The Sorc makes use of Static Barrier to burst the Mine Droids. Two at a time only. Any more than that and you may need the other healer to help keep you alive.

You cannot use the same column consecutively, so we take the boss from North-Mid-South and vice versa. Note that in HM you should not ever use the middle trigger.

Whenever the DPS is ready to fire the trigger, make sure the tanks are ready and that nobody is inside the box the boss should be standing in. Fire, zerg the boss until he's not weakened anymore. Get back on droids.

Tyraelium
03.21.2012 , 11:19 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JusticePope View Post
I raid lead for my guild, and while researching this fight when we initially attempted it, I came across the actual name of the puzzle, which is entirely the key to understanding this fight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Hanoi

The .gif there shoes how to do it when using four blocks, but the game only uses three.

We're running with 1 Jug, 1 Sin as Tanks, 2 Merc RDPS, 1 Sin DPS, 1 Sniper DPS, 1 Sorc Healer, 1 Op Healer.

The tanks trade off at 4-5 stacks of the debuff. Melee should stand outside of the yellow crossbars when damaging the boss as to not get obliterated by triggering the fire that weakens the boss.

When the boss is not weakened, the DPS on the bottom should focus on killing Stun Droids ASAP.

We put 1 Merc, 1 Sniper, and the Sorc Healer up top. The healer heals the two DPS solving the puzzle as well as assisting the Operative on the ground. The Sorc makes use of Static Barrier to burst the Mine Droids. Two at a time only. Any more than that and you may need the other healer to help keep you alive.

You cannot use the same column consecutively, so we take the boss from North-Mid-South and vice versa. Note that in HM you should not ever use the middle trigger.

Whenever the DPS is ready to fire the trigger, make sure the tanks are ready and that nobody is inside the box the boss should be standing in. Fire, zerg the boss until he's not weakened anymore. Get back on droids.
People actually run this kind of strategy for normal mode??

1 tank
2 healers
5 dps (preferably at least 2 ranged)

The only difficult part about this fight is beating the enrage timer. That means optimizing dps uptime during weakened phase and finishing the puzzle faster. Figure out which you have to do and work on it.

Move the boss between right and middle (even on HM, its fine). You can single tank this fight pretty easily as an Assassin (I did it without full Columi, even with Fab's higher HP pool previously). Make sure ranged are not blowing each other up with missiles. Melee must kill 2 stun droids occasionally, that is all.
Rank 80 Sith Assassin Darkness
The Crucible Pits
Antyrael

Nikons
03.21.2012 , 12:11 PM | #6
Thanks for all the info guys

We have 2-3 up top. Mostly a healer and two ranged. 2 ranged down below with a healer and 2 tanks.

We only move right and mid now. Only kill the stun droids if we have two. other wise we just knock them back and they dont bother us anymore. We try and get 25% every fire and come close to it by 22-23% of the boss.

I just dont know what we do wrong.

Dulwaithe
03.21.2012 , 01:36 PM | #7
What precisely are the difficulties that you're having? Is the boss hitting enrage? Are the puzzle solvers dying from mines or getting knocked off? Are the tanks dying? We could probably offer better suggestions if we knew what your specific group was having issues with.

Good luck!
If there's one thing I'm known for, it's daring rescues. That, and impeccable timing. Snappy comebacks are a close third...

Nikons
03.21.2012 , 02:23 PM | #8
Its alittle of all of this. Mostly the puzzles take awhile. we have the dps. once and awhile a tank will die but its ok we can get him up.

DarthDemens
03.21.2012 , 06:54 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Nikons View Post
Its alittle of all of this. Mostly the puzzles take awhile. we have the dps. once and awhile a tank will die but its ok we can get him up.
Sounds like your people just need practice doing the puzzle as fast as possible.

Have them do several rounds of back and forth clicking before you hit the fire to start the boss. You won't start combat until he takes the first fire, so you can take as much time as you need to practice.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions