Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seer help please?

lendarya
12.15.2011 , 09:22 AM | #1
Looking over the talents would it be wise to pick up Egress? And if not please shed some light on this for me?

TiVOs
12.15.2011 , 09:59 AM | #2
I think it's more of a PvP trait. The extra speed is nice for getting out of the fire, but for PvE, I personally think the points are better spent getting talents that improve your healing or Force pool. The talent leading up to it, Valiance, doesn't look as useful in PvE as PvP either.
<><
"Don't feed the trolls!" ~Proverbs 9:7-9
The Alcyon Legacy

Yrayl
12.15.2011 , 10:31 AM | #3
Egress is very similar to a talent that Holy Priests have if you're familier with WoW at all(although I may get burned for the comparison lol). While this isn't necessarily useful leveling I found it to be somewhat helpful with raiding. Some boss fights require people to move out of damaging fire quickly and not everyone is so good at that. To prevent extra damage, popping in this case Egress on them, would be somewhat beneficial. It is by no means a necessary talent, and as was said would be way better in PvP, but I am putting one point in it until we figure out raiding in this game. Also, I've noticed a lot of people are leveling PvP anyways, so again beneficial.
WATCH YOUR FEET

TiVOs
12.15.2011 , 10:43 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Yrayl View Post
Egress is very similar to a talent that Holy Priests have if you're familier with WoW at all(although I may get burned for the comparison lol). While this isn't necessarily useful leveling I found it to be somewhat helpful with raiding. Some boss fights require people to move out of damaging fire quickly and not everyone is so good at that. To prevent extra damage, popping in this case Egress on them, would be somewhat beneficial. It is by no means a necessary talent, and as was said would be way better in PvP, but I am putting one point in it until we figure out raiding in this game. Also, I've noticed a lot of people are leveling PvP anyways, so again beneficial.
I'm not sure. If someone doesn't know they need to get out of the fire, a speed boost isn't going to help much, since they're not running out of the fire anyway. And if you're going for the damage mitigation, you don't need Egress for that. Imo, Rescue is probably better for the ones who can't get out of the fire. I agree it's probably worth popping a Force Armor on him if Rescue's on cooldown though.
<><
"Don't feed the trolls!" ~Proverbs 9:7-9
The Alcyon Legacy

Yrayl
12.15.2011 , 11:16 AM | #5
I didn't mean for the idiots who didn't know to move, just the ones that fail at doing so speedily. Like I said though it's far form a necessary talent. But it might help in some instances, like the turret boss in Eternity Vault. /shrug Also yes Rescue is AWESOME also reminiscent of a Priest ability lol, but you can't use that on everyone. With Egress you can pop your shield on people and help more than one.
WATCH YOUR FEET

baddyfett
12.15.2011 , 12:25 PM | #6
I completely agree about it being useful for some boss abilities. There are always going to be times when people need to move quickly and this definitely will help. Im not saying it's a top priority for me, but if I have an extra point or two and nothing else looks all that great, I might put them there.

And studying the talents yesterday, I find i'll probably have one point left over after picking up all the things I want, so i'll probably put it there.

This is the talent build I'm going for and you'll see the point in Egress
Joa'shan of the Ardor Legacy l 50 Jedi Consular
<Never Tell Me The Odds>

Lord Praven
l PvE US PST

Yrayl
12.15.2011 , 12:46 PM | #7
My build to
WATCH YOUR FEET

Llenyd
12.15.2011 , 03:37 PM | #8
Yeah, seems to be the go-to build.

tkhonda
12.15.2011 , 06:04 PM | #9
sorry im a noob...what is egress???

lendarya
12.16.2011 , 07:09 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by tkhonda View Post
sorry im a noob...what is egress???
egress is a talent in the seer sage jc talent tree that increases a targets speed by 10/20% after applying force shield it is close to the off effect of body and soul if you play WoW in the holy priest tree. And thanx for the help guys i think i may pick up atleast a rank of it if i have an extra talent