Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

sorcerer or operative?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
sorcerer or operative?

fitzle
03.21.2012 , 01:07 PM | #1
with the changes coming up in 1.2 i am ready to roll a alt about now. i am a tank tho. so i havent played around with dps to much in this game. im trying to decide the alt to make either a sorcerer dps or a operative dps. i know sorc healing is getting a little nerf in the patch but im not looking for healing. is the dps getting a nerf too? and with the operative are they getting nerfed ? i know there not getting buffed lol.

i want pure dps i play both pve and pvp. i hear ops is not that good at pve dps but i like the challnge. im used to playing a rogue from wow and warrior dps.

any tips would help thanks =)

GeoLager
03.21.2012 , 01:42 PM | #2
Troll thread?

Everyone knows the answer is sorc.

fitzle
03.21.2012 , 01:47 PM | #3
no its not a troll thread. ya sorc is good but i dont care if they are the flavor of the month type class. everyone in thier right mind is a sorc.

fitzle
03.21.2012 , 02:28 PM | #4
anyone else going to put insight on here besides be rude and try to troll it?

CanisAquilus
03.21.2012 , 02:40 PM | #5
Don't make an operative unless you're a masochist.
Jice Corvus
#1 PvP Operative
Lord Adraas
I am John Galt

xMercx
03.21.2012 , 02:42 PM | #6
I play a scoundrel an there alot of fun you have to really pick your targets if you don't have a competent healer. I like it because your an opportunist you try an stay out of big skirmish's look for stragglers an any ranged dps foolish enough to leave the herd (not with there other ranged buddies) For stealth thou i much prefer the Shadow the opening burst of infiltration isn't as good as the scoundrel but it catchs up pretty fast. an they get sprint and resilience which removes/resists tech/ force abilitys very useful for pyrotechs/ an sorcerors.

xMercx
03.21.2012 , 02:44 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CanisAquilus View Post
Don't make an operative unless you're a masochist.
#1 Op out of the 3 dps Ops on his server lol

Tamanous
03.21.2012 , 03:18 PM | #8
Still enjoy my Op better than a sorc. Never played deep concealment spec.

Newyankalt
03.21.2012 , 03:36 PM | #9
Stupid question everyone knows the answer is sorc.

Achromatis
03.21.2012 , 05:00 PM | #10
Enjoy my Op far more than my Sorc, though Sorc rewards skilled gameplay far more than an Op does.

Edit: Basically what Im saying is you have to enjoy the difficult gameplay and micro managing an Op has to do in order to play the class, healing especially so. Thats the reason not many people play them, and the "LOLSTUNLOCK" one-trick kids left(so far as I can tell, they all rerolled Mercs and Sorcs).

Op healing is getting a bit of a buff, Concealment(dps) burst got a nerf and as a result sustained PvE dps is also getting a bit of a nerf because Bioware doesnt quite know how to do one without affecting the other.

And because enjoying an Op depends so much on your playstyle, it makes it a difficult class to recommend to people when there are easier alternatives(which is what most people want anyway) like a Sorc.
Not Meant to Be a Factual Statement

The plural of anecdote is not data