Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Australians and New Zealanders in Star Wars

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Australians and New Zealanders in Star Wars

ErikModi's Avatar


ErikModi
01.25.2012 , 10:49 PM | #11
New Zealand is actually a planet in the Star Wars Galaxy.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Concord_Dawn
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

Fyurii's Avatar


Fyurii
01.26.2012 , 10:55 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by InquisitorJaeger View Post
So judging by these lists, it seems that only about 3 Americans appeared in any of the Star Wars films?
Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Billy Dee Williams, Natalie Portman, Hayden Christensensensensen, Samuel L Jackson, George Lucas, Jett Lucas, what's-her-name Lucas his daughter, Christopher Malcolm (Rogue 2 in ESB, though his own american accent was dubbed over with another voice & accent), Garrick Hagen, William Hootkins, the guy who was Red Leader in the first film.............

Plenty of American actors, they were just outnumbered by British and British Commonwealth actors. Yes, the British Commonwealth is the backbone of the Star Wars movies
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

InquisitorJaeger's Avatar


InquisitorJaeger
01.28.2012 , 08:02 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyurii View Post
Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Billy Dee Williams, Natalie Portman, Hayden Christensensensensen, Samuel L Jackson, George Lucas, Jett Lucas, what's-her-name Lucas his daughter, Christopher Malcolm (Rogue 2 in ESB, though his own american accent was dubbed over with another voice & accent), Garrick Hagen, William Hootkins, the guy who was Red Leader in the first film.............

Plenty of American actors, they were just outnumbered by British and British Commonwealth actors. Yes, the British Commonwealth is the backbone of the Star Wars movies
OK, I'll admit that there were A FEW Americans also involved in the making of Star Wars but it was mainly acted and created by the rest of us important countries (e.g. England, Scotland, Australia & New Zealand).

Imperial Squadron 419

Give a Jedi fire and he will be warm for a day, set a Jedi on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
01.28.2012 , 09:20 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by mervotron View Post
It does amuse me knowing that Rose Byrne and Keira Knightley played handmaidens to Natalie Portmans character.
agreed 100% most people don't believe me when I tell them Knightly was in Episode 1.

WhoDaresWins's Avatar


WhoDaresWins
01.28.2012 , 01:34 PM | #15
Isn't the Concord Dawn accent described as being a New Zealand one?
The Imperial Inquisition

A EU Heavy RP Imperial Guild
"Death to the Emperor's enemies"

InquisitorJaeger's Avatar


InquisitorJaeger
01.30.2012 , 08:23 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by mervotron View Post
It does amuse me knowing that Rose Byrne and Keira Knightley played handmaidens to Natalie Portmans character.
Hmm, I wonder how I can get Rose Byrne and Keira Knightley to be MY handmaidens in real life?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dorm%C3%A9

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sab%C3%A9

Imperial Squadron 419

Give a Jedi fire and he will be warm for a day, set a Jedi on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

InquisitorJaeger's Avatar


InquisitorJaeger
03.16.2012 , 08:04 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by WhoDaresWins View Post
Isn't the Concord Dawn accent described as being a New Zealand one?
Yep, I believe you're right about that!

Imperial Squadron 419

Give a Jedi fire and he will be warm for a day, set a Jedi on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

LemmingLeader's Avatar


LemmingLeader
03.17.2012 , 12:29 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by InquisitorJaeger View Post
Hmm, I wonder how I can get Rose Byrne and Keira Knightley to be MY handmaidens in real life?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dorm%C3%A9

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sab%C3%A9
Padme and her 2 handmaidens. Makings of a good "flick." Hmm... Ponder on this, I will...

AshMakaio's Avatar


AshMakaio
03.19.2012 , 06:14 AM | #19
natalie portman was born in israel and hayden christensen is canadian

InquisitorJaeger's Avatar


InquisitorJaeger
03.21.2012 , 08:09 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by AshMakaio View Post
natalie portman was born in israel and hayden christensen is canadian
Ah OK, so very few of the actors are actually "American" after all.

Imperial Squadron 419

Give a Jedi fire and he will be warm for a day, set a Jedi on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.