Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hard Mode Progression

Arakfalas
03.20.2012 , 11:34 AM | #1
I am getting mixed answers, so figured I'd be lazy and not do my research and just post here.

I am just getting into end game stuff. I ran HM Kaon under Siege two nights ago. I am being told that some need me to complete the normal mode prior to running them, and some of them need me to complete some quests prior to running them.

Is this true, and does anyone know a place that it lists the prerequisites at all? I know this is lazy, but any help is appreciated greatly!

Turst
03.20.2012 , 11:45 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Arakfalas View Post
I am getting mixed answers, so figured I'd be lazy and not do my research and just post here.

I am just getting into end game stuff. I ran HM Kaon under Siege two nights ago. I am being told that some need me to complete the normal mode prior to running them, and some of them need me to complete some quests prior to running them.

Is this true, and does anyone know a place that it lists the prerequisites at all? I know this is lazy, but any help is appreciated greatly!
Off the top of my head, you must complete the following before entering them on Hard Mode:

Boarding Party (& Call to Arms quest)
Foundry (& Call to Arms quest)
Directive 7 (must complete dialog prior to even entering on normal mode)
Battle for Ilum

Not sure about Black Talon, because that's the one FP you can ALWAYS find a group for.

Kaon and False Emperor do not have any prior completion requirements. As a matter of fact, I have never done either of these on normal mode.

The good news is, you can solo normal BP and Foundry. The bad news is... good luck finding a group to run D-7 or Battle for Ilum. Those last two are exceedingly long and filled with bugs.

wandererofnod
03.20.2012 , 03:40 PM | #3
You do not need to complete any flash points on normal mode to access their hard modes.

However, Boarding Party, Foundry, and Directive 7 all required you to be on the correct step in their story line missions before you can access them. When you get to the point that you need to complete the flash point, you can drop the regular mission for the flash point, but not the story line (IE Call to Arms) and you will then be able to pick up the hard mode version. This does mean you need to complete boarding party and advance the Call to Arms mission to access Foundry. After you have finished the story line missions, you will then have free access to these flash points

Of course, it is easy to rush through Boarding Party and Foundry on normal to clear out your Call to Arms mission and not have to worry about that annoyance anymore.