Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Do Descendants become more powerful than their Ancestors?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Do Descendants become more powerful than their Ancestors?

Srqt's Avatar


Srqt
03.19.2012 , 07:29 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Really? are you that dense? by 'killing herself' I mean, her own power killed her, you take things WAY to literally, this is the fifth time you have done this, and then once again, you practically insulted me by claiming I never own up to things I state.

Just don't reply to my comments any more, I am tired of you.
But that means that Revan was powerful enough to not only resist but also redirect a power great enough to turn her to ash. I would say that it was not just her lightning that killed her but also Revan's ability to control said lightning.
:Srq't lvl 50 Marauder
<Bro-Choice>
The Fatman

Cabe's Avatar


Cabe
03.19.2012 , 08:20 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Srqt View Post
But that means that Revan was powerful enough to not only resist but also redirect a power great enough to turn her to ash. I would say that it was not just her lightning that killed her but also Revan's ability to control said lightning.
I am sorry but that train of thought is wrong. I don't know enough about the lore to say who is more powerful since I don't read SW books but your logic is off.

Just because something can deflect a force does not make it as powerful as that force. A bunker inside a mountain can withstand a nuclear blast but no one is claiming that the bunker is as powerful as the Nuke. You are trying to compare apples to oranges and make a direct comparison and that is just illogical.

If the facts that you two have laid out are correct (since I have never read it) then yes the person that casted the lighting in this case would of killed herself. IT would be like shooting a bullet and having it richochet off of something and come back and hit the person that fired it. That would be considered a suicide or an accidental death.

In this case it doesn't sound like Revan "controlled" the lightning and killed her but that the lightning bounced off and killed her. Which makes it a defensive power and not offensive.

RevanKnight's Avatar


RevanKnight
03.19.2012 , 09:50 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Cabe View Post
I am sorry but that train of thought is wrong. I don't know enough about the lore to say who is more powerful since I don't read SW books but your logic is off.

Just because something can deflect a force does not make it as powerful as that force. A bunker inside a mountain can withstand a nuclear blast but no one is claiming that the bunker is as powerful as the Nuke. You are trying to compare apples to oranges and make a direct comparison and that is just illogical.
Ah, the different points of view.

Digimanbyte_ID's Avatar


Digimanbyte_ID
03.20.2012 , 11:37 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Just a question.



Because it seems true.

Sateele more powerful than Revan.

Luke seemingly like he could be more powerful than Anakin if Anakin if Ani reached his full potential.

Jaina and Caedus seemed allot stronger in the Force than Luke.

Etc...

What do you guys think?
I don't think Lukes power could compare with Anakin if he didn't sliced up like a salami. But honestly it depends on the parents really. If its two powerful force users then yes a powerful offspring could emerge.

However that isn't always guaranteed.

mefit's Avatar


mefit
03.20.2012 , 11:48 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
1Really? are you that dense? by 'killing herself' I mean, her own power killed her, you take things WAY to literally, this is the fifth time you have done this, and then once again, 2you practically insulted me by claiming I never own up to things I state.
3Just don't reply to my comments any more, I am tired of you.
1When you cannot win a debat go to name calling lol . Which is insulting someone if you do not know!

Litteral in the fact that KotoR is nothing like OT movies and books
Litteral in the fact that Revan is killed Nyriss by deflecting lighning .

Always using litteral and logic but neither you facts are , just false and a opinion of point of view.

Revan's ability to deflect her lightning that she ment to kill him and instead of killed her is a win for him no matter how much you try to bed it.

I am insulting you but you are calling me dense lol . Maybe you need to look up the word insult ok ?

2 Pointing out something you are doing isn't insulting ,it would be if I called you a name or if it wasn't true but you do run around in your comments instead of owning them when you are wrong!

3Threads are for debating and statements of topic , if you cannot handle others point of views , opinions , or facts then maybe you should take your own advice . Great have a good day !
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

Cyriaca's Avatar


Cyriaca
03.20.2012 , 11:55 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
1.Her own lightning killed her, by having it sent back at her, it killed her and turned her into ash.

2.I am not hating Revan, I am proving a statement wrong.

3.Since when did I have a love for Mara Jade or Surik?

Mara Jade, I laughed at when she got ran down by her own husband's Nephew.

Surik I simply see as the ideal Jedi, the best example of one, someone who is very underrated due to her relation with the second KotOR game and being in Revan's timeline.

I should not have come to this thread. =(
I am just about finished reading the Thrawn Trilogy, getting ready to head into the NJO series and I did not need this spoiler!

Ch_Zero's Avatar


Ch_Zero
03.20.2012 , 11:56 AM | #27
Luke is the best!

Did you all forget he beat darth vader in episode 6?

cut off his hand?


:O

mefit's Avatar


mefit
03.20.2012 , 12:03 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Cabe View Post
I am sorry but that train of thought is wrong. I don't know enough about the lore to say who is more powerful since I don't read SW books but your logic is off.

Just because something can deflect a force does not make it as powerful as that force. A bunker inside a mountain can withstand a nuclear blast but no one is claiming that the bunker is as powerful as the Nuke. You are trying to compare apples to oranges and make a direct comparison and that is just illogical.

If the facts that you two have laid out are correct (since I have never read it) then yes the person that casted the lighting in this case would of killed herself. IT would be like shooting a bullet and having it richochet off of something and come back and hit the person that fired it. That would be considered a suicide or an accidental death.

In this case it doesn't sound like Revan "controlled" the lightning and killed her but that the lightning bounced off and killed her. Which makes it a defensive power and not offensive.
Powers such as deflecting lighting with your own hands or lightsabers is rare skills only a few Forceusers can do . In itself it is powerful to do so but not only that but to know when to do it makes you skilled at the use of it.

Revan was skilled in knowing when to do so and by doing it he turned a move ment to kill him back at its user and turn her to dust without even getting damaged by deflecting it .

Think about it , it turn Nyriss to ash by how powerful the forcelightning was. She was unable to resist her own lighting but Revan resisted it and deflected it back at her.

We can do ""WHAT IFs"" all day but the fact that Nyriss was killed in the fight because Revan deflected ""HER OWN"" Force Lightning back at her and she could not defend from it , says he won the fight .
You guys act like she told him "Hey look Revan I am gonna shoot lightning at you so powerful it will turn you to ash" and by some COSMIC STUMBLING he was able to deflect it back lol >

Sorry friends but Revan won that fight , and the fact Nyriss was beating Scourage and Surik with ease before Revan showed up says alot !
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.20.2012 , 12:04 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ch_Zero View Post
Luke is the best!

Did you all forget he beat darth vader in episode 6?

cut off his hand?


:O
He did, but Vader was conflicted and Luke later said if Vader was really trying he would be dead. I personally don't like that myself, because it really shows all of Luke's training into a jedi knight seem worthless.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

mefit's Avatar


mefit
03.20.2012 , 12:05 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ch_Zero View Post
Luke is the best!

Did you all forget he beat darth vader in episode 6?

cut off his hand?


:O
If Luke was not his son , Vadar would have easily won ...........
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self