Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crew Skills in Game Update 1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
03.20.2012 , 10:43 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Georg Zoeller gives an update on crafting and Crew Skills:

Quote:
Since the launch of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, the Crew Skill system has been incredibly popular. Every week in-game, 52 million items are produced or harvested, 4.5 million item mods are installed and more than 35 million items change hands. Players actively participating in the Crew Skill system are generally better geared and have more credits in the bank than pure consumers.
Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

PugX
03.20.2012 , 10:52 AM | #2
The Armormech schematics that I bought from the crew skill vendor, when crafted, result in non-moddable armor pieces. As such, I won't be able to RE them and learn their orange shell variants. Is that correct? If not, bummer. I actually like some of those armor styles and won't be able to use them as orange shells.

On the flip side, the Artifact Xenotech leggings that I looted from Hardmode Flashpoints are moddable and I will be able to RE them and learn their orange shell variants. Is this correct? If so, great! There's some neat stuff there.

Don't get me wrong. This is awesome stuff. I'm just hoping I'm either understanding it wrong or that obtaining orange shells from non-moddables will be available in the future.

mgalinkin
03.20.2012 , 10:53 AM | #3
I noticed under Artifice that it was mentioned that complaints about lack of schematics etc.. has been taken into consideration and many new ones have been added to the game...

What about Armstech... I have never seen an armstech schematic drop from any operations boss, Investigation mission, or any other instance within the game. I am currently 400 Armstech / 400 scavaging and 400 Investigation, I have run every mode of operation and flashpoint and as I said have yet to see a schematic from anything except the vendor or reverse engineering.

Just wondering if this has been addressed.

Thank you.

XavinNydek
03.20.2012 , 10:59 AM | #4
Two issues:
Quote:
Modifiable weapons and armor can now be reverse engineered and researched into empty, custom (orange) shells with the same name and appearance, adding a wide variety of new outfits to the game.
Do these have a 100% RE rate? A lot of orange gear is only obtainable once through leveling quests.

Quote:
Reverse engineering and research is now available for tier 2 end game items
Does this mean that it is not available for tier 1 items? That directly contradicts the above statement that "Modifiable weapons and armor can now be reverse engineered and researched".

Icysunx
03.20.2012 , 11:00 AM | #5
No it is not 100 percent and you will destroy your quest gear if you mess up.

jmarFTL
03.20.2012 , 11:01 AM | #6
Good stuff Georg. May I make a suggestion? I know last night you were considering ways to make current orange gear augmentable. Some people were saying that you should have crafters make items that would grant augment slots and what not.

I have another idea after reading this. Why not just make the reverse engineering schematic chance on orange items 100%? This way, people would actually have an incentive to RE this gear. As it is now, I'm not going to touch my valuable orange items to reverse engineer them knowing I may get nothing and lose access to that appearance forever. But if you guaranteed that I would learn the schematic for the item (and thus I could get it back), it would be entirely worth it. And this too solves your augment problem. If people want their current orange gear to be augmentable, they can RE it and craft it. OR wait for someone else to do so, and get it off the GTN.

I think this would result in a very diverse amount of orange gear appearances - not just the schematics you guys added, but all the stuff that's currently in the game that people have been using and holding onto and don't want to lose. Just some food for thought. I really appreciate the way you guys have been listening to the community!

Blotter
03.20.2012 , 11:02 AM | #7
So essentially, if you're a healing sorcerer who took biochem and happen to have ended up on a low pop server, then BW really REALLY doesn't want your money as of 1.2. Geesh, talk about the trifecta of unsubbery.
Captain Bubblevendor Targetdummy reporting for doody.

netslave
03.20.2012 , 11:02 AM | #8
Requiring Artifice to PVP to actually have something worth selling? Lame.

jmarFTL
03.20.2012 , 11:05 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by netslave View Post
Requiring Artifice to PVP to actually have something worth selling? Lame.
Maybe you missed the part where Artifice will be able to craft BIS lightsabers? Bit of a market for that, don't you think?

kodimynatt
03.20.2012 , 11:10 AM | #10
Servers are becoming ghost towns and this meager update to crafting will not change that.

Read my suggestions: http://www.empireselite.com/phpBB3/v....php?f=1&t=674