Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Order 66 questions

zElmTree
03.19.2012 , 07:47 PM | #1
So Order 66 was the order given by palpatine aka lord sidius to flip a "switch" in the clones to make them betray the jedi. At least I think it is...so I have a couple questions

1. Were the clones just acting all throughout the clone wars tv shows?
2. Are the clones consisidered evil?
3. Have they always known they were going to betray the Jedi eventually?
4. How could the Jedi not sense a plot to destroy all Jedi by the clones. I mean if they are supposedly weak minded aka "these aren't the droids you're looking for..move along" wouldn't the Jedi or Yoda feel a certain doom coming from the clones?

Yeah that's basically it...if u have anymore questions about it feel free to ask

Wolfninjajedi
03.19.2012 , 07:51 PM | #2
1. No

2. No

3. Probably not, it was pretty much a contingency plan if the jedi did do something against the Republic, which the odds of that actually happening would be none.

4. They did, but by that time it was too late Yoda only survived because he sensed all the other jedi dying.

In other words, the clones were not evil or acting as they were just following orders and doing what they were told. Some of them knew it was wrong, but they didn't do anything about and those that did were killed soon after.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

DarkCelestial
03.19.2012 , 08:15 PM | #3
[QUOTE=zElmTree;3521320]So Order 66 was the order given by palpatine aka lord sidius to flip a "switch" in the clones to make them betray the jedi. At least I think it is...so I have a couple questions

Not all the clones ever heard of order 66. Only the commander's I believe even knew of it.
They were designed to follow orders without question not really there fault.
Nope,but there was always a "back up" plan to kill them all if they betrayed the republic.
4. How could the Jedi not sense a plot to destroy all Jedi by the clones. I mean if they are supposedly weak minded aka "these aren't the droids you're looking for..move along" wouldn't the Jedi or Yoda feel a certain doom coming from the clones?
Clones weren't really weak minded they they were just untrained against the influence of the force sense the only guys they had to worry about was Count Dooku and Asajj Ventress. Also jedi found it increasingly difficult to see the future since Darth Plagueis corrupted the force. Only when jedi started dying they started to sense something was off

Thats it.
"I fight for the future…and the future is NOW!"

Darth_Eminok
03.19.2012 , 08:19 PM | #4

No, their only priority is to protect the Republic, whereas the jedi are a part of it, but not literally merged within it.

No. They're just following orders.

There's a large chance that the answer is a no. They're just "protecting" the Republic, as that is their priority, even if it includes the death of Jedi.

They could sense that something was wrong, yet they were not certain of it. Before they were able to make up their mind, the clones turned on the Jedi in the climax of the clone wars.
<---LEGION OF SHADOWS--->
"Your future lies with us."
http://legionofshadowsguild.enjin.com/home

ErikModi
03.19.2012 , 08:42 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Eminok View Post
/DoctorWho And with that sentance you just lost the right to even talk to me. /DoctorWho.

Order 66 was one of many executive orders that dictated how the clone troopers would respond in certain situations. Order 66 was to deal with the Jedi in the event they became enemies of the Republic. Order 65 called for the Clone Troopers to remove the Chancellor himself from power, should he pose a threat to the Republic.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_66
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

BuckyCameron
03.19.2012 , 09:09 PM | #6
The Clones were bred to obey orders from their superiors no matter what. That's why they turned on the Jedi.

meatlocker
03.19.2012 , 09:09 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikModi View Post
/DoctorWho And with that sentance you just lost the right to even talk to me. /DoctorWho.

Order 66 was one of many executive orders that dictated how the clone troopers would respond in certain situations. Order 66 was to deal with the Jedi in the event they became enemies of the Republic. Order 65 called for the Clone Troopers to remove the Chancellor himself from power, should he pose a threat to the Republic.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_66
Order 67 called for the removal of the Senate.
><><Ͽ{The OT Alliance}Ͼ><><
Slogans? Where we're going we don't need slogans!
| Cantina | Recruitment | Website |

wrong_turn
03.20.2012 , 08:25 AM | #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Eminok

Quote:
Normally I'd agree with you, but in this instance I think its fair to point out that the Clones were not just ordered to execute the Jedi because they were Jedi. The Order 66 was intended to remove the Jedi in the event they betrayed the Republic. As far as the Clones new, they were attacking an enemy of the Republic. One that was potentially capable of being a serious threat.

Its a minor distinction, I know, especially given that the Clones attacked the Jedi without evidence of their betrayal or any indication that the entire order was a threat. I guess I am just feeling the need to play devils advocate.
€ịị◚◚◚◚ịịịị7▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀) A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. -Master Yoda CE

Journeyer
03.20.2012 , 08:45 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by meatlocker View Post
Order 67 called for the removal of the Senate.
Order 68 called for the removal of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

...thank goodness the war ended quickly ._.
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

Neopopulas
03.20.2012 , 09:24 AM | #10
I also believe there were the rare clones that didn't turn on the jedi, it shows that not all clones follow orders blindly, its not like they are mind controlled, they just obey without question most of the time.

99% of the clones show little free-thinking ability or any desire to think for themselves, but they can't be as bad as droids (thats the whole point) so they have this middleground of obedience and free-thinking. However some clones are more individual than others.