Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cross faction grouping ever ?

snowmon
12.15.2011 , 04:11 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Gatran View Post
I hope not! I hated that about WOW it felt dumb I could never recognize anyone! Allies or foe I want to eventually be able to say oh hey theres that jedi knight I hate let me kill him all game. Or say hey there thats healer he always does a good job on our team.... They completely took the fun out of servers on WOW
after reading the OP post and your answer several time trying to figure out *** u r talking about i came to the conclusion you are in fact talking about the dungeon finder and not faction grouping which is what the OP is talking about.

OT: cross faction grouping is not something i would like, im going evil for a reason

kamikouzai
12.15.2011 , 04:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kithe View Post
Just out of curiosity, has there ever been a bigger threat to the galaxy then the sith empire? I sure hope they won't do a blizzard and start rewriting lore just to favor a new expansion in the game for example.

Yuuzhan Vong, Killiks...

Romulusss
12.15.2011 , 04:34 PM | #13
i dont think there is any comminications between the two factions (they just had a decade long war remember?) or else that would be a bit silly IMO. Huttball is cross-faction however, and all the streams i watched this morning got huttball 90% of the time because everyone went imperial lol, which is why im going vanguard for instant ques and not huttball

Yaksha
12.15.2011 , 08:01 PM | #14
Cross faction for all social functions would be a good idea. Although didn't one of the devs explain that there was no global cross faction chat, because they found in beta that such a chat just resulted in a lot of trolling, flame baiting and other generally unconstructive behaviour?

cross faction grouping would have to be for really special instances only. Otherwise it totally breaks down the faction system.

Beedlejuice
12.16.2011 , 04:24 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiperX View Post
I really hope not.

As someone else said, it would be cool for a once in a blue moon mission, but nothing that is normal.

Yes it sucks, but this game is about two sides who generally dispise each other.

Spoiler
Whew, no more Barrens chat... ... ... hopefully... ... ...

Requimo
12.16.2011 , 05:35 AM | #16
I would never trust a sith doing my heals as a jedi.

Caddax
12.16.2011 , 05:49 AM | #17
They could allow it if it is dependent on light / dark side. A dark side republic character could team with dark side imperial character.

Kayden
12.16.2011 , 05:52 AM | #18
I'm not a lore freak, but I would find it abit odd if Darth Maul were sending friendly tells to Obi Wan.

However, I wish that the BH and Smuggler class would have been faction neutral at their start, I know that the Mandalorians have done alot of work for the Empire, and the Smugglers broke the blockade, but some kind of "I'm my own master" attitude towards faction choice would have been cool.
Liwiwo
In Dust we trust
Eclipse - SWG

ninjashadowdark
12.16.2011 , 05:54 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kithe View Post
Just out of curiosity, has there ever been a bigger threat to the galaxy then the sith empire? I sure hope they won't do a blizzard and start rewriting lore just to favor a new expansion in the game for example.
some one managed to pull the red button down O_O.

Verictaxion
12.16.2011 , 05:59 AM | #20
I do believe their putting in a sort of LFG system like in WoW later. They might decide to throw in cross factions, that would be really interesting!
Participator in Jung Ma's "Battle of the Dune Seas"

12-20-11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra_v3Vcs_Mw