Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Current Champion Gear

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Masterdeathh
03.19.2012 , 05:35 AM | #21
Only thing i know as a fact as far as pvp gear goes is the stats on the gear and seeing that toons that got xferred over had their battlemaster gear changed to the new pieces automatically whether that will stay for live or not who knows(don't see why not when it's named the exact same thing just better stats).

As far as champion/centurion gear goes best i can say is good luck with any feedback on it, seems the people who did get xferred over don't even know the forums exist and therefore don't care to give feedback or just feel so high and mighty that they shouldn't have to say anything to us "peons"(if that is the case then grats on best dev choice ever bw only bringing over the elistists).

TORProphet
03.19.2012 , 05:44 AM | #22
The old Centurion and Champion gear that was previously partially modifiable is now fully modifiable with armor, mod, and enhancement slots. You can also remover the armoring if you like.

The new purchaseable Recruit gear is slightly better than the old Centurion gear was. Compare these two items:

Centurion War Leader's Shield Generator
48 Str
102 End
39 Exp
37 Acc
370 FP
28 Def

Recruit War Leader's Shield Generator
51 Str
106 End
69 Exp
39 Acc
379 FP
30 Def

This item is easy to judge because the stats are the same between the two. Other items have had stat changes so some may prefer the centurion gear if they already have it, even though the net stats are lower. Also there are no set bonuses for the new Recruit gear. Champion gear is superior to the Recruit gear.
The Starrider Legacy, because I have a soft spot in my heart for cheesy 70's rock songs.
You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight.

ClogMan
03.19.2012 , 06:15 AM | #23
NVM missread.
UTINII

Foker
03.19.2012 , 08:29 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TORProphet View Post
This item is easy to judge because the stats are the same between the two. Other items have had stat changes so some may prefer the centurion gear if they already have it, even though the net stats are lower. Also there are no set bonuses for the new Recruit gear. Champion gear is superior to the Recruit gear.
Finally a response from someone that sounds like he knows what he talking about.

Thank you.

One question, if you can tell me will the stats on the champ/cent gear be adjusted like the BM gear? The expertise change (and for me, extra power) may be nice.

OrionDammit
03.19.2012 , 08:34 AM | #25
What about the costs for BM gear? I already read that you don't need valor 60.
Roivon - 50 Shadow - Rank 65

The Zk Legacy - The Fatman (PVP)

Foker
03.19.2012 , 08:36 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by OrionDammit View Post
What about the costs for BM gear? I already read that you don't need valor 60.
Well BM gear now costs Warzone coms. You are correct, you no longer need valor 60. costs are 550-1750 each warzone coms. New warzone com max I think is 2000.

OrionDammit
03.19.2012 , 08:49 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Foker View Post
Well BM gear now costs Warzone coms. You are correct, you no longer need valor 60. costs are 550-1750 each warzone coms. New warzone com max I think is 2000.
That's it!?

One nights work will bring 2 or 3 pieces. My prize is the Black-Blue doublesaber. But I also read that those crystals will be vendor distributed too.
Roivon - 50 Shadow - Rank 65

The Zk Legacy - The Fatman (PVP)

DavidHunt
03.19.2012 , 11:36 AM | #28 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
For all items: If you somehow customize the mods, that customization will persist. Changes to the items in a patch will not destroy the mods you've added.

daveytech
03.19.2012 , 02:31 PM | #29
Wait.... are you saying that I will not need to be valor rank 60 to purchase Battlemaster gear?

I just spent the past 1 month working my tail off after work and on the weekends trying to get rank 60.

I am rank 59 now.

Can someone please tell me why... why I should continue....

I worked so hard, dealt with being outgunner by BM players for weeks and weeks, just so I could get these myself and compete. And now I'm being told that BM gear is obtainable without valor rank 60.

I love(d) this game. But this breaks my heart. Can a dev please tell me that all of the effort I've put in counts for something?

I've remodded all of my champ gear (and columi/rakata) with (IA champ/columi glove/hat) Adept Enhancments and the BH (champ/columi glove/hat) Enhancements.

I've put so much work in to my char. If I don't get feedback telling me my efforts mean something, I'm done. I'm sorry to be a whiner. I thought this patch was supposed to be a content thing.

I led a guild of about 15 players. Close friends. They all quit the game several weeks ago after we repeatedly ran HM's. Now I find out BM gear can be bought without valor 60.

----------------------------------------------------------
Slayage - 50 Sorc Healer
Server: Iron Citadel / Guild Leader of <Lumber>

daveytech
03.19.2012 , 02:32 PM | #30
I am totally sad. I love this game. Man.
Slayage - 50 Sorc Healer
Server: Iron Citadel / Guild Leader of <Lumber>