Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enrage Timers Counter Productive?

Calinaph
03.18.2012 , 07:44 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Fdzzaigl View Post
Coordination and situational awareness should be the first things that make a boss difficult.
Gear checks and time stress should come on later difficulties, not on the lower ones.

Right now, it seems like enrage timers are as far as the devs come to making bosses hard sometimes, with the only real tactics involving "red circles on the floor" for a number of fights.

I hope that changes in later content.
The problem with that with Bioware is... the best example (that I can think of) of them trying to do that (not sure they really even do that good of a job, but, I digress), is Soa- and they ****ed it up. Soa had potential to be a good fight, but, I would venture to say that it is the most buggy fight in raiding content in SWTOR. Why? Because it's the most gimmicky.

Gimmicks can be good- and can totally be a way around enrage timers, but... they have to... you know... work first.

Aloro
03.18.2012 , 12:06 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlaxitov View Post
Is the the part where I'm supposed to say you probably play a tank or healer and selfishly want to keep you superior by default status? Nah.
I play every class. Unlike you, I'm not trying to protect my playstyle at the expense of others. I'm just looking at what's best for the game overall. Carry on.

Aloro
03.18.2012 , 12:07 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Niil View Post
Because content becomes trivial if you can take 7 hours to kill something.
Honestly, what about a 7 hour fight sounds trivial to you?

I think you're confusing "possible" with "fun and easy".

Battilea
03.18.2012 , 02:59 PM | #134
I like the enrage timers, because it means dps actually has to carry its weight, cannot be carried on the back of good tanks and healers. Of course, bad healers/tanks can hose good dps as well, causing people to die/lose dps and therefore fail the enrage timer. Overall, it means the team has to perform better, as a whole, rather than be carried by a few.

I've done the safety dance in WoW's Naxx with just myself (tank) and a healer alive because the rest of the raid got themselves killed on an easy to avoid mechanic before the boss was half dead. That sort of thing shouldn't be happening.