Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

10 reasons why Marauder is the weakest class in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
10 reasons why Marauder is the weakest class in PvP

obi-joachim
03.12.2012 , 12:52 PM | #91
1 reason why you are whining on the forum about classbalance going towards your class
-You made too many Marauder alts and not enough variation of other classes so now you got only experience from one class, gj

LordKyrone
03.12.2012 , 05:48 PM | #92
I would like to comment that the arguements in the first post are very weak, all I read was I do not know how to move and attack, plus I have loads of abilities that I do not know what they do, what is the point of undying rage?! so as much fun as a pointless long and thought out message would be for this obvious troll I will stick to:

Marauder is probably the best class currently in the game; l2p, respec, bind your keys, read all your abilities, pick up the other 3 medals that are easy for marauders who spec to anihilation.

Glamscum
03.12.2012 , 09:08 PM | #93
I got an assassin & operative both on 50, mainly playing pvp, and I can say that I've never feelt more like a god in pvp as with an marauder in annihaltion spec.

Murmurrr
03.12.2012 , 11:44 PM | #94
I used to be anni, until I realized I can still do decent damage while giving my party +50% move speed and +10% defenses for the entire match. Party play FTW in WZ!

It's also fun to be able to always keep on top of people even with their snares and knockbacks since you are running so quickly. It may not be the best PVP spec, but it is definitely fun (if your party can understand that you need to stick together.....)

I honestly think though that the berserk heals to your party from anni spec pales in comparison to permanent predation; rage is a much better spec for team-oriented play (especially if you have multiple rage marauders stacking it)

DanIOI
03.13.2012 , 01:00 AM | #95
Guys! Shhhh! Don't contradict him!

The more people complain about how underpowered Mara are, the more like Bio is to buff us even more. So yeah, marauders are a terrible class. Just terrible. Gonna cancel my sub if they don't double our dps in 1.2.

Skorched
03.18.2012 , 06:05 AM | #96

Carbonated
03.18.2012 , 06:16 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Skorched View Post
and only 19 kills. i've done 1/3 of that damage and gotten more.
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.

Crunchyblack
03.18.2012 , 08:28 AM | #98
Responding to the OP's post:

You have a phenominal AOE fear and force choke (which does suck)

Anni removes your complaint about kiting since you can force charge on reduced CD and do it from 0 ft away, that also roots them which i guess doesnt count as a CC in your book.

Statistically they do bad in WZ since theres only one aoe spec, the rest are single target, and you cant spam smash like other classes aoe, it does do amazing damage when the stacks are there and specced into it

Marauders are the best huttball runners, preditation, undying, shields, force charge

The fact that i see more marauders and their mirror than sorcs and their mirror in 50 pvp bracket speaks volumes.

They do have a definate role in pvp, i agree that the current medal system screws us, however after 4 medals...who cares you get no rewards...and they are adding in ned medals (perhaps medals for damage taken would net us 3 medals before your first death)

Anyway...this post held water for the first run to 50 at launch when no one knew how to play marauders, and seemed to forget about 50% of the skill they had were infact usable in pvp. Today this post is sad for someone who claims to have...what was it 4 marauders across 4 servers....that in itself seems to be lie....anyway...reroll sorc healer....we need more of those in wz's....where did all the sorcs go?

Hotbox
03.18.2012 , 01:06 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Carbonated View Post
and only 19 kills. i've done 1/3 of that damage and gotten more.
Exactly.

You want high damage totals? Just track down a healer and go 1 v1 with them. You'll do tons of damage that they soak up and heal thus jacking up your damage total but only one kill.

Damage is nothing. It's victory that counts, and in the end if you lose the battle the MVP should go to the guy that you see doing their job and getting medals for it, or the guy that offers some real leadership and makes the battle last longer or turns it around.
Baroness Hotbox/ Agent Inviegle/Asaj Ventress
"The Ventress Legacy"
50 Assassin/Sniper/Marauder
Clan of the Black Lotus- Fear is our ally!

DoctorWango
03.18.2012 , 02:53 PM | #100
50 Operative
50 Assassin
50 Gunslinger