Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoint queue system, this message to gm

leungbik
03.16.2012 , 11:00 PM | #1
In an earlier response to bioware working on a flashpoint queue system, I am just wondering if that is planned to be implemented in patch 1.2. Would just like to know so can cancel acct. if not, as cannot run flashpoints at all due to work schedule, can only pvp and quest at this time. Any info would be appreciated. TY

Mavery
03.16.2012 , 11:06 PM | #2
Group finder will not be in 1.2. It's coming in 1.3.

leungbik
03.16.2012 , 11:08 PM | #3
nice, ty for the update

NotDonnaReed
03.17.2012 , 12:57 PM | #4
Did you join a guild?

We've got a guy who's in a similar situation to the OP's: unpredictable work schedule prohibits him from committing to scheduled hard modes or raids. Whenever he's around we make an effort to get him a group, and we're also helping him get geared so he doesn't have to waste all his online time running dailies.

This group finder thing makes me nervous. There's too many lazy people out there who want to run content that outgears them and who won't bother to look up strategies on the forums. Most of these 'random' groups are going to be two-hour fail fests, and then people will get mad, and then BioWare will feel pressured to implement a random group buff, a gear score calculator, and easier epics, and then this game will turn into WoW. Can we please not do that?

Just join a guild.

ekwalizer
03.17.2012 , 04:07 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by leungbik View Post
In an earlier response to bioware working on a flashpoint queue system, I am just wondering if that is planned to be implemented in patch 1.2. Would just like to know so can cancel acct. if not, as cannot run flashpoints at all due to work schedule, can only pvp and quest at this time. Any info would be appreciated. TY
How will a queue system help you then?

Typically people looking for certain FPs are on the fleet or on the planet of the FP level.
A same server FP queue isn't going to help you.
Let this sink in, this game is Free to Play and we still have 13 empty servers.
Click for free stuff: Click spoiler to see rewards
Spoiler

Equus
03.17.2012 , 05:24 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ekwalizer View Post
How will a queue system help you then?

Typically people looking for certain FPs are on the fleet or on the planet of the FP level.
A same server FP queue isn't going to help you.
I disagree. On some servers it is difficult to get grouped up due to not enough players being on.
Equus

Guild Leader
-Shadow of Eclipse-

babados
03.17.2012 , 08:14 PM | #7
i agree with OP this issue needs IMMEDIATE ATTENTION!

Please Bioware, You're Our Only Hope.
Pain Fuels my Anger, Anger Drives my Suffering, Suffering makes me all POWAHFULL !!!

gocybigt
03.18.2012 , 12:40 PM | #8
Lol @ Princess Leia up there I agree that a flashpoint finder is pretty much a nessesity these days and deserves the utmost attention but I don't think that it is, nor should it be, swtor's main priority at this point I'd rather play without it for a while than feel in any way like I quit wow to play it's spacey clone I eagerly await playing more flashpoints but I really can't wait for the legacy system and all the true RP elements it will introduce that bioware imo is so good at