Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 Hard Mode loot. Why raid when you can just run dailies?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
1.2 Hard Mode loot. Why raid when you can just run dailies?

Trotmeister
03.18.2012 , 05:12 AM | #21
Could anyone on PTS check if you can buy all of the 1.2 PvE gear via commendations? I mean, some columi pieces are currently FP/OP exclusive, you can't buy them. I wonder if it's the same with the new gear.

rkopczak
03.18.2012 , 05:21 AM | #22
you can buy whole "black hole" set for black hole comendations. This set doesnt have any set bonuses. Same vendor also sells "campaign" gear for gear tokens (like rakata right now), but that gear doesnt have any stats atm.

I tried to ask on the fleet but noone responded (4 in the morning in US, and there's no EU PTS). I believe black hole will be something that allowes slower/solo players to catch up with the gear, and real T2 gear with set bonuses isn't in the game yet.
For Hope, for Freedom, For the Republic!

Trotmeister
03.18.2012 , 05:31 AM | #23
Are there any weapons you can buy along with the new gear?

rkopczak
03.18.2012 , 05:32 AM | #24
yes. implants, earpieces aswell.

ragamer
03.18.2012 , 05:33 AM | #25
Ppl is confused, until we get a confirmation on further ways to acquire them:

Black Hole Commendations ONLY drop from KP Nightmare Mode

Which makes sense, as initially Nightmare mode will not be present on the new Operation. Ppl doing NMs on KP should get some gear (I don't know the cost... But I would be surprised if you could get a single new T2 piece doing KP NM sooner than 4-5 weeks).

It's just a small reward to keep the sense of progression for ppl that has reached the top difficulty on the game, so ppl missing some Rakata (The entry level for T2 OPs) can keep on going to NM KP while doing the 1st attempts on T2 OP... It's basically to not break the gear progression chain on OPs.

That's why, I repeat, some ppl is automatically assuming that because of a new batch of daily quests is offered on Corellia, on the Black Hole zone they will suddenly start rewarding Black Hole commendations instead of the regular daily commendations. This is what requires confirmation instead of speculation.

If you now realize that HM FP locks are removed, it simply makes no sense that BW allows "casuals" to skip Columi/Rakata level... BW added a new HM FP... They want ppl to gear faster to the new Tier, and that's precissely what they are doing... You can do as much HM FP as you like.

But I repeat, some ppl is just reading instead of testing... Let testers show light on this to see if some1 at BW lost their mind and also want to turn PvE into a pointless loot piņata as PvP is or...

...They just want to be sure ppl doing Nightmare OPs ATM have a slightly easier time jumping into T2 HM OPs.

Trotmeister
03.18.2012 , 05:48 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ragamer View Post
That's why, I repeat, some ppl is automatically assuming that because of a new batch of daily quests is offered on Corellia, on the Black Hole zone they will suddenly start rewarding Black Hole commendations instead of the regular daily commendations.
Well this kind of makes sense. Why else name them Black Hole commendations?

rkopczak
03.18.2012 , 05:51 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Trotmeister View Post
Well this kind of makes sense. Why else name them Black Hole commendations?
well, we could buy rakata implants for daily comendations, and not "rakata comendations", it's not a proof.

dlaselle
03.18.2012 , 05:52 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Gavin_Darkl View Post
If Bioware does there were people can just go do quest for Raid Gear people will quit. I know once my guild read this they all made the choice that they will cancel subscriptions. Thats over 60 people right now, I also spoke a handful other raiding guilds a few that are near member cap. All their members too were debating to cancel their subs.

People that came here to RAID do not care to see people who DO NOT RAID in RAID GEAR. Go Raid if you want the gear its that simple.

If you want SOLO gear ask for Gear that is purple Has Endurance, your Primary Stat, and Presence. You do not need any other stats like Crit, or Hit, or any other stat that makes you better. Have 10000 Presence that makes your companion better, I do not care. You do not need to be top DPS, or Healer, or Tank you are not playing with other people.

People raid to make themselves better with gear and as a player. This is not done SOLO. Solo Players can cry all they want about wanting RAID GEAR, they do not deserve it and have not earned it by SOLO Content. Its RAID GEAR for a reason. PEOPLE RAID FOR IT, NOT SOLO!

I am getting tied of the elitest attitude from people like you. "The Best Gear is for only Raiders", To hell with the rest of the gaming community. People who don't have countless hours and have real lives that enjoy other things otherthen gaming steill want to have good gear.

So take your pathetic BoHoo story back to WOW and raid until your eyes bleed.

DeathDiciple
03.18.2012 , 05:56 AM | #29
The whole thing is about new raid(s) being harder (supposedly?) so people needing to get geared up faster than they could before. Old raids are still the fastest way to get loot, 2-3 pieces in 2 hours guaranteed vs farming hms and praying it doesnt drop 10 agent pieces like it used to...

Why do we need to get faster now is pretty obvious. Raid guild that does HM/NM ops will not take ungeared people into those runs, they dont do normal, so people need to fix their gear otherwise and faster or they'll get bored/leave cause they're not 'good enough'. And due to BW original intention to make people roll alts as well.

Letting people get 'close to top end' with insane grinding of dailies wont change much, it will just give them another means to get on-level for new raids, and all i could figure between the whining is the daily stuff is close but not top tier anyway. Grinding dailies for 2 months is definitely neither fun nor 'raid loot giveaway' anyway, so I don't see raids being 'obsolete' unless you enjoy dying of boredom.

Will have to wait and see the real testing tho I guess.

rkopczak
03.18.2012 , 05:58 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by dlaselle View Post
I am getting tied of the elitest attitude from people like you. "The Best Gear is for only Raiders", To hell with the rest of the gaming community. People who don't have countless hours and have real lives that enjoy other things otherthen gaming steill want to have good gear.

So take your pathetic BoHoo story back to WOW and raid until your eyes bleed.
you dont need "countless hours" to raid, it's really simple you should try, takes about 2 hours for avarage players to clear one raid, and you dont even have to do it all in one day. Stop with that excuse "I dont have time" please.