Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 Hard Mode loot. Why raid when you can just run dailies?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
1.2 Hard Mode loot. Why raid when you can just run dailies?

ValaxDarkseer
03.17.2012 , 05:32 PM | #1
1.2 PvE Gear:

"Campaign" hard Raid Gear is Rating 146 (Mod Slot 61)
"Blackhole" Corellia Commendation Gear is Rating 146 (Mod Slot 61)

Whats the point of raiding in SWTOR when I can just run some faceroll dailies and get "hard mode" raid gear.

Raiding in this game keeps getting worse not better. GW2 out yet?

Dragonbgone
03.17.2012 , 07:17 PM | #2
This allows casual players to get some gear, as well as allowing people that have been shafted by loot to get something. The thing is, raiders are not supposed to be motivated by gear. People that want to raid should be motivated by challenge. Yes, this is unfavorable because of people's time and hard work spent to get that gear. Getting the second tier of gear isn't too bad though when we have 3 tiers.
. : Messores Republicae : .
Reapers of the Republic

Foenixz
03.17.2012 , 07:21 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ValaxDarkseer View Post
1.2 PvE Gear:

"Campaign" hard Raid Gear is Rating 146 (Mod Slot 61)
"Blackhole" Corellia Commendation Gear is Rating 146 (Mod Slot 61)

Whats the point of raiding in SWTOR when I can just run some faceroll dailies and get "hard mode" raid gear.

Raiding in this game keeps getting worse not better. GW2 out yet?
Have making that grey armor die
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

Wallach
03.17.2012 , 07:29 PM | #4
Yeah I would totally rather grind mindless dailies for a week to get one piece of gear than run a cool new operation while earning that gear just for doing it. Picking up venom glands off Belsavis mobs like I've been doing for months is definitely really interesting compared to killing an AT-AT with a bunch of my friends.

Basically all you're admitting is that you don't play this game for fun, you only play it to press the lever and get your food pellet.

jimmyquinella
03.17.2012 , 07:33 PM | #5
Let's hope they change it before live.....sigh

ValaxDarkseer
03.17.2012 , 07:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragonbgone View Post
This allows casual players to get some gear, as well as allowing people that have been shafted by loot to get something. The thing is, raiders are not supposed to be motivated by gear. People that want to raid should be motivated by challenge. Yes, this is unfavorable because of people's time and hard work spent to get that gear. Getting the second tier of gear isn't too bad though when we have 3 tiers.
I agree that challenge should be the primary motivation for raiding.....of course since SWTOR raids arent challenging (unless Soa is bugged) that leaves us with only loot. Loot which we can now just run some crappy dailies and get "hard mode" epic loots.

This game just keeps getting worse.

Ainianu
03.17.2012 , 07:44 PM | #7
i am sure there is some mis-information somewhere having top gear in game soloable would be rediculous in the extreme, and im sure bioware would not make a decision that... wierd.

Xanikk
03.17.2012 , 07:46 PM | #8
This allows casual players to get some gear, as well as allowing people that have been shafted by loot to get something. The thing is, raiders are not supposed to be motivated by gearr. People that want to raid should be motivated by challenge. Yes, this is unfavorable because of people's time and hard work spent to get that gear. Getting the second tier of gear isn't too bad though when we have 3 tiers.
What MMO's have you played the past 10 years? The bolded statement is false with almost everyone I have talked to in any MMO I have played.

Take away the carrot on the stick and you take away the reason to raid.

Soluss
03.17.2012 , 07:50 PM | #9
So then a solo player should not be motivated by gear either then huh?

Ainianu
03.17.2012 , 07:51 PM | #10
Just read elsewhere that Black Hole gear is obtained with black hole commendations (can see that much in screenshots) and black hole commendations are obtained in nightmare mode on current raids... and hardmode on the new raid content.

I dont know what corellia dailies give but it wont be the black hole gear i think