Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game key stacking

MouseNoFour
12.16.2011 , 03:34 AM | #1
Since I've asked the same question almost daily to every bioware rep on twitter without a response from any of them, I will ask it yet again here. I know I will only get player responses but at least that is something.

To ensure I have uninterrupted play I purchased DDE as well as my CE.

I know GameStop will screw me, which is why I opted for both digital and physical so when (if) my CE arrives sometime in January I will still get uninterrupted play until then.

My question is this - what happens regarding included (referrered erroneously as 'free') game time? Will they both 'stack'? The 30 days from the DDE will be used up and then the CE game time will then start? What about entitlements attached to the CE? Will they be automatically be applied as soon as the second code is entered or when the CE game time begins?

I know it's asking a lot for an actual rep to respond but any accurate response would be welcome.

GrolschUK
12.16.2011 , 03:35 AM | #2
Applying both keys should give you 60 days game time, and applying the CE on top will also give you the in game items.

Jeval
12.16.2011 , 03:38 AM | #3
No if you read closely. It says 30 days free for NEW accounts. That means only the first code that creates the NEW account gives you 30 days. The second code is being added to an existing account and therefore does NOT give the 30 days.

Wish I had better news. But that is the case with most MMO's.

PLGE

The Empires Elite
|Forums|Join Us|Site|

GrolschUK
12.16.2011 , 03:40 AM | #4
I'd have thought it would work like a boosted game-time card though, the code once applied to the account has the settings to apply 30 days credit, plus unlock the items.

Probably one for a phone call to CS once the dust has settled

Jeval
12.16.2011 , 03:58 AM | #5
I hope I am wrong. Call and find out is probably the best way.
PLGE

The Empires Elite
|Forums|Join Us|Site|

MouseNoFour
12.16.2011 , 04:20 AM | #6
If I do in fact lose the CE game time once it is applied to my account I won't be upset about it. Only reason I purchased a digital key was solely due to the utter rubbish of customer service GameStop is. I paid 57 for a service guarantee, not for game time. Though I would prefer having both.

MouseNoFour
12.16.2011 , 05:15 AM | #7
Amazing how fast important threads get buried on this forum.

grawhite
12.16.2011 , 05:22 AM | #8
I would say, you only get one of the 30 days, unless you make two accounts then you would receive 30 days on both.