Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Assassin Tanking help

Drillen
03.17.2012 , 11:58 AM | #1
Hello all, this is my first post, so pardon if I happen to sound like a nub. I have a couple questions regarding tanking with assassin, primarily what should be my focus: defense, shield rating, or absorb. Right now with a combination of battlemaster and champion pvp gear my stats for those mentioned above are 27.03 defense, 32.56 shield, 31.08 absorb, overall damage reduction is 40.22% This is with dark charge active and no spell or item buffs. My health is about 18000, and close to 20000 with full party buff and stim. I am wanting to start doing some of the higher level hms, have attempted but still seems like I am taking alot more damage than expected, also I try to have dark ward active whenever engaged increasing shield to 47. I understand this is pvp gear, but when I look when look at the pve equivilant tionese, columni, rakata. I dont see much of a difference other than endurance and primary stat.

It says that defense inceases to the chance to shield attacks, but would be more more mitigating to take what i have invested in defense and put it into shield or absorb.