Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stands Tall - has anyone actuall beat him?

EnoYls
03.16.2012 , 06:49 PM | #21
I know this is completely off topic, but I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading this thread. I've been so disappointed with the community so far with how stuff like this is handled.

Props to the OP here. You accepted the fact that you were sucking and were open to advice. Often times I read posts and see the OP of the post complain that something is impossible or can't figure out what is wrong, but then totally disregards any advice people give him.

NotDonnaReed
03.16.2012 , 11:51 PM | #22
Stands Tall is a great healer check to see if your healer is ready for hard modes.

The last 25% of the fight is extremely hard to heal through in pre-tier gear. You need to save your tanking cooldowns for that. The person interrupting project storm needs to hit it *immediately* because it's a channeled cast that does a lot of damage per tick. Your sage will most likely need to stack heals on you at that point. In other words, the healer should do the bubble, the heal over time, the quick heal, the channeled heal, the healing circle aoe, and noble sacrifice. Even with all the layered heals, it's possible that you will die until both you and the healer get better gear. You can still down the boss, assuming your DPS is quick. They should save their DPS cooldowns for <25% health because that's the time you really need to burn him.

If your healer is running out of Force, it's possible that they specced incorrectly. They should choose the talent that gives 100 extra Force, and they should choose the talent that allows the channeled heal to proc a buff which makes Noble Sacrifice cost no health. If they use the channeled heal followed by Noble Sacrifice every time it's off cooldown, they should never run out of Force.

Elyssandra
03.16.2012 , 11:59 PM | #23
CalBears - WRT to your question for builds
I would recommend that for PVE/ HMs/ Ops you definitely go 31 pts in seer tree. Salvation - your AOE heal is powerful and helps immensely.

Personally I also spec 7 into the TK tree - mental longevity, Inner strength and TK Defense.
I also give 2 points in balance for Will of the Jedi - leaves me with one free point that I would suggest you put somewhere that best suits your play method.

See http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#60...bdGzZf00MZ0M.1

Conveyance is great so I try to keep that buff up at all times. If you use your free noble sac after healing trance you should be able to manage your energy very efficiently.

Elyssandra
03.17.2012 , 12:04 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Emptus View Post
Secondly: if your healer is having trouble keeping the tank up and needs additional heals, consider placing the tank as your focus target. This way you can heal the tank (by using your focus target modifier) without de-targeting the boss.
Emptus - I have had issues with using the focus target - basically switching to the focus target key doesn't work for me. So I dropped that idea ages ago and just click to select target to heal (with tab bound for selecting the enemy).

How do you use focus target?

thatmaskedman
03.17.2012 , 02:04 AM | #25
He doesn't spam Heat Beam or Project Storm, an 8s cooldown is plenty to lock him out of either skill (haven't tried it with a 12s cooldown, haven't got any characters the appropriate level with one).

CalBears
03.17.2012 , 11:33 AM | #26
Thanks to everyone who has given additional advice.

Now I feel like if we fail, I'll have failed all of you.

@Elyssandra: That's the build our main healer has, and the one that I used to have. I re-specced because we only have 4 people who are 50...and I thought the extra damage might help out. But from what you and Emptus have said, it seems as we move to HM and Ops (and others get to 50), I'll have to go back to being a full healer (which is fine). It's not like my DPS is OMGWOW or anything.

@NotDonnaReed: I'm guessing we're not ready for HM's yet LOL ... but we'll keep trying until we get it right. Thanks for your input!

@thatmaskedman: Thanks for the clarification!

@EnoYls: I agree that the OP set the tone very well. I actually think people in this community really really want to help...but they also want people to be able to help themselves too (e.g., look for a thread that might have their question/answer).

But I really do appreciate everyone's help here