Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 is a spit in the face of Vanguards, and a buff to the OP sentinels

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
1.2 is a spit in the face of Vanguards, and a buff to the OP sentinels

King
03.17.2012 , 12:24 AM | #1
So while I felt this game was going to be a part of my life for quite a while, I believe they have completely messed this game up and I may no longer be a part of it. They take the most balanced class in the game and decide it needs the nerf stick. Maybe we should have complained more people. Looks like Sentinels are going to become the god mode (already were IMO) because all they do on their forums is complain, and on our forums we discover good specs and discuss what makes us a good class. Instead we get nerfed and they get buffed quite considerably. This is exactly how SOE killed SWG, they had a great system and then because a few people complained loudly they changed tons of stuff and made the game worse. They are trying to numb their horrible decisions with new content, but I do not want to learn a new class after I am 50 and have selected my gear, new classes should be learned from level one, preferably at the launch of the game. If you were going to do a major overhaul of the combat system I feel it should have been before release, not 4 months in. Such a great launch only to be messed up by people in charge who feel that the squeakiest wheel must be right about everything that is good or bad about the game. The saddest part is that all the people who made complaints that attributed to the changes in 1.2 are probably already gone and not coming back. The people who were playing consistently liked the game and stayed because of it, but now you will change the game only to find you will not win back those that have left, but lose those that had stayed. I would love to hear what the Devs have to say, but if they are anything like in-game support, I doubt it. Thats my rant, if you don't agree then good for you and I hope you keep enjoying the game. For myself I will try to keep having fun with it but I feel these patch notes are the beginning of the end for me.

TehMerc
03.17.2012 , 12:32 AM | #2
Still figuring out how this was real bad for vanguards. Tactics got some nice stuff that'll give it the edge it needed.

Assault might be reigned in finally in regards to having HiB proc non stop in some situations. Hopefully they make the proc much more reliable in exchange, but that and the change to plasma cell being required isn't the end of the world.

Only thing I see Shield losing is 15% on energy blast, but that's now off the GCD along with smoke grenade. Ceramic plating lost a bit of absorbtion, but you gain some with the new 2 point talent (the 2 points you gained from counter attack going to 3 points instead of 5) so not really seeing anything bad for Shield.

We're finally getting Full Auto and Mortar Volley looked at, overall it's a good patch for vanguards.

I really hope this isn't all about Ionic Accelerator... maybe it's good they're finally looking at it if you relied on it so much that you quit without it.

EDIT: Just my feelings in regards to 1.2 as a vanguard alone. Still not sure why they might be buffing sentinels/marauders as I felt they were at a pretty good spot as is. Patch notes are always bound to change anyhow between now and implementation anyhow.

Double Edit: You really shouldn't type when angry though, wall of text and everything.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindwormbified View Post
Perhaps the worst topic in Frogdog history.
Meme it up.

Rotm
03.17.2012 , 12:41 AM | #3
If you run parakeet its certainly bad. I expected it to be removed once they did it to shadows, and the internal cd was also expected. I'd still like to see the ammo on Icendiary missile drop however, and they didn't do anything with pulse generator.

Gosten
03.17.2012 , 12:44 AM | #4
Are the 1.2 patch notes out?

Garic_Wildstar
03.17.2012 , 12:55 AM | #5
I reserve judgment on Vanguard until I see how it plays out. Commandos got the real slap in the face. Vanguard, I see it working better tank-wise. Be interesting to see how the Ion Pulse shield buff stacks, or if they change shields to include all types and not just melee/ranged. My Commando is already dead if these changes push through to Live. If they kill Vanguard, I dont see any reason to play. But they are already showing the Jedi love just like SOE did. Not a good sign...

SWG (RIP) - Garic Wildstar, Rebel Officer/Squad Leader/Ace Pilot, Starsider

Rogmar
03.17.2012 , 01:18 AM | #6
Tactics probably viable, Assault Spec not stupid ridiculous with Ion Pulse spam till HIB recharges. Sucks cause I liked Assault Spec, but it became FOTM so would rather see people pick a new class.
Picture me Trollin'

Raggok
03.17.2012 , 01:40 AM | #7
Energy blast change will allow for a little more in our burst combo which will be sticky, storm, stockstrike, energy blast. The damage reduction sucks, but it should help land a few more killing blows when you switch to low health people.
Check out my SWTOR PvP movies.
Follow me on Twitter for updates

AlyxDinas
03.17.2012 , 02:06 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Raggok View Post
Energy blast change will allow for a little more in our burst combo which will be sticky, storm, stockstrike, energy blast. The damage reduction sucks, but it should help land a few more killing blows when you switch to low health people.
Besides, the ability still retains its other major utility. Generating resource.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."

Darth_Victus
03.17.2012 , 02:09 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by King View Post
So while I felt this game was going to be a part of my life for quite a while, I believe they have completely messed this game up and I may no longer be a part of it. They take the most balanced class in the game and decide it needs the nerf stick. Maybe we should have complained more people. Looks like Sentinels are going to become the god mode (already were IMO) because all they do on their forums is complain, and on our forums we discover good specs and discuss what makes us a good class. Instead we get nerfed and they get buffed quite considerably. This is exactly how SOE killed SWG, they had a great system and then because a few people complained loudly they changed tons of stuff and made the game worse. They are trying to numb their horrible decisions with new content, but I do not want to learn a new class after I am 50 and have selected my gear, new classes should be learned from level one, preferably at the launch of the game. If you were going to do a major overhaul of the combat system I feel it should have been before release, not 4 months in. Such a great launch only to be messed up by people in charge who feel that the squeakiest wheel must be right about everything that is good or bad about the game. The saddest part is that all the people who made complaints that attributed to the changes in 1.2 are probably already gone and not coming back. The people who were playing consistently liked the game and stayed because of it, but now you will change the game only to find you will not win back those that have left, but lose those that had stayed. I would love to hear what the Devs have to say, but if they are anything like in-game support, I doubt it. Thats my rant, if you don't agree then good for you and I hope you keep enjoying the game. For myself I will try to keep having fun with it but I feel these patch notes are the beginning of the end for me.

Wall of text crits YOU for 50,000!

Seriously, paragraphs are your friend.

On the other hand, through the games life all classes are going to get nerfed, buffed or ignored. It's part of the great circle of.... stuff.

Hizoka
03.17.2012 , 02:36 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by King View Post
you do not understand the notes do you... Focus the worst tree possible for sentinels got some small changes... Combat had its broken mechanic fixed, and watchmen was pretty much unchanged.

Tatics got a DPS buff with gut ticks proving the HiB insta crit it got a snare for Pvp and a few other things.. the free interrupt makes things so very very nice. Sorry but you are just gonna be a bad player that will never be missed.