Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your Saga Continues: Story in Game Update 1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Your Saga Continues: Story in Game Update 1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
03.16.2012 , 10:21 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Star Wars™ has always been a continuing saga from the moment that the phrase ‘Episode IV’ scrolled upwards onto movie screens. With those words an ongoing, epic story was born, and Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ continues the tradition.

Quote:
I’m Charles Boyd, a writer here at BioWare Austin for Star Wars: The Old Republic and I wanted to share a sneak peek at the story behind Game Update 1.2. The development team has designed each of our game updates to shed a bit more light on the state of the galaxy and the ongoing war between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, with new story details and hints about the future spread across every piece of content. Game Update 1.2 will be our biggest update yet, but your adventure in a galaxy far, far away is just getting started!
Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Jackel-Fallin
03.16.2012 , 10:23 PM | #2
Rawr! i think it is extremely cheap that sprint is now available at level 1. TAKE IT OUT!
"I fight because that is what I was made to do and the Empire is the instrument through which I realize my purpose. The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."
―Darth Malgus

ZORG
03.16.2012 , 10:31 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jackel-Fallin View Post
Rawr! i think it is extremely cheap that sprint is now available at level 1. TAKE IT OUT!
Ugg You just had to turn on the /sarcasm LOL
Fear leads to Anger
Anger leads to hate
HATE leads to suffering

Shadoweb
03.16.2012 , 10:59 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Star Wars™ has always been a continuing saga from the moment that the phrase ‘Episode IV’ scrolled upwards onto movie screens.
So... 1981 then? One would figure ESB, which was the first to show a subtitle and episode number in 1980 would be when it became a continuing saga, not when they re-released the first movie for the second time and added in the subtitle and "Episode IV"

Mannam
03.16.2012 , 11:50 PM | #5
I am looking forward to update 1.2 and continuing the Bounty Hunter storyline. What is the expected date for it to go live? Will we ever have space pvp and better space combat? Not just the rail shooter that we have now.

I would love to see more sith alchemy, illusions, breed monsters. Mandalorian basilisk wardroids, more races. Vehicle based pvp, walkers and tanks. So many posibilities and potential for future content.
Captain Bipto: What's the problem? Just vaporise, everyone, everything, boof, mission accomplished, medals, awards, a parade, next!
STAR WARS ARMADA

-Kelerak-
03.16.2012 , 11:56 PM | #6
when is 1.2 coming out? March, April? When?

US - The Swiftsure EU - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

ElitehunterDS
03.17.2012 , 12:41 AM | #7
Quote:
But some other, unknown force may be manipulating events from behind the scenes – a force with plans that are darker and more dreadful than anyone has yet imagined.
Talk about subtility
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

Stardunk
03.17.2012 , 01:29 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mannam View Post
I am looking forward to update 1.2 and continuing the Bounty Hunter storyline. What is the expected date for it to go live? Will we ever have space pvp and better space combat? Not just the rail shooter that we have now.

I would love to see more sith alchemy, illusions, breed monsters. Mandalorian basilisk wardroids, more races. Vehicle based pvp, walkers and tanks. So many posibilities and potential for future content.
That's good, but I doubt they will release all these in just an update, that would be stupid, the game is enough fascinating and addicting even as it is now so I'm personally happy that it's going to get better.

GusVIII
03.17.2012 , 02:15 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
Talk about subtility
My guess is its either going to involve the Rakata and some hidden Infinite Empire or the Yu Zheng Vong. I think the Rakata would be more appropriate. I love the idea of the Republic and the Empire having to begrudgingly join forces to fight a common enemy that's too much for either to handle alone.
<█[][][][][][o]={]▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Laufton
03.17.2012 , 02:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by GusVIII View Post
My guess is its either going to involve the Rakata and some hidden Infinite Empire or the Yu Zheng Vong. I think the Rakata would be more appropriate. I love the idea of the Republic and the Empire having to begrudgingly join forces to fight a common enemy that's too much for either to handle alone.
Or it could be something else. Something a little more dreadful...