Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.2: Legacy is on the Public Test Sever!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.2: Legacy is on the Public Test Sever!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
03.16.2012 , 10:25 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Game Update 1.2 for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ will be released for public download soon! Entitled Legacy, this latest update to the game will allow players to experience brand new in-game content, including a new Flashpoint, a new PvP Warzone and a new Operation. All of this new content is now live on the Public Test Server so if you’re currently a player, we encourage you to check it out and give us your feedback! Be sure to visit the Star Wars: The Old Republic Test Center to learn more, and you can also take a look at many of the new features coming in Game Update 1.2 in our New Features video.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Darth_Eminok
03.16.2012 , 10:41 PM | #2
I'm getting excited for the update. I see a shining speck of hope that'll attract players!

(Oh, hey... first post)
<---LEGION OF SHADOWS--->
"Your future lies with us."
http://legionofshadowsguild.enjin.com/home

Malles
03.16.2012 , 10:45 PM | #3
Can it be...?

Are those playable Trandoshans I'm seeing?

Which brings me to my next question: When will you be implementing an option for a race change?
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.
Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

Drunkenfarmer
03.16.2012 , 10:51 PM | #4
I believe those are opponents from the new content.
(▀▀▒▒▒▒▀▀*▀▀[|▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Fearo
03.16.2012 , 10:55 PM | #5
BioWare should really start giving us the Patch notes prior to the actual patch day so we can prepare ourselves what is to come.... it's annoying to get a vague video that tells us nothing specific about class balancing, how about we feed the actual notes into an ongoing post like Camelotherald does for DAoC .... im just saying you're wasting your time and you're wasting your players, more and more players drops every day because they dont know if you're about to salvage the sinking ship or whether you are just going to let the game crash and burn....more info ....PRIOR to the release of a patch thx
so...should i be the one to link all the pervy comments from the Star Wars movies here in my Signature? or will that be considered inappropriate =P well ... best be playing it on the safe side! =P

shadowhedge
03.16.2012 , 11:03 PM | #6
Nice Nice, I'm really looking forward to it ^^

Malles
03.16.2012 , 11:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Drunkenfarmer View Post
I believe those are opponents from the new content.
That's what I thought too, but one of them's purple! I have yet to see a purple Trandoshan NPC. I will not lose hope. I will have my Jedi velociraptor one day.
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.
Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

Morkhon
03.16.2012 , 11:08 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Fearo View Post
BioWare should really start giving us the Patch notes prior to the actual patch day so we can prepare ourselves what is to come.... it's annoying to get a vague video that tells us nothing specific about class balancing, how about we feed the actual notes into an ongoing post like Camelotherald does for DAoC .... im just saying you're wasting your time and you're wasting your players, more and more players drops every day because they dont know if you're about to salvage the sinking ship or whether you are just going to let the game crash and burn....more info ....PRIOR to the release of a patch thx
Where's Picard when I need him.

Jeedaix
03.17.2012 , 12:53 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Fearo View Post
Sinking Ship? crash and burn? This a joke right? They post notes on a huge game update and this guy...get this... complains they didnt do it like DAoc?...... /slitwrist

Sebah
03.17.2012 , 02:35 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Malles View Post
That's what I thought too, but one of them's purple! I have yet to see a purple Trandoshan NPC. I will not lose hope. I will have my Jedi velociraptor one day.
Purple Trandoshan doesn't mean he's a playable. It that section of the post they are talking about raids and i'm 100% sure that that it's a picture with a pack of mobs from that raid. Don't get your hopes high and get overexcited.
IMO it would suck tho have a nonhuman character in this game where every characters are VO, to only hear him talk like grrrl, gnarrrl, snarrrrll, and to only get what his talking about from the subtitles. For an NPC that works but not for a playable character.

That's why they only made human like PC's.

UPDATE:
100% sure now those are NPC's
here is a quote from the patch notes of the 1.2 patch.
Code:
Explosive Conflict, a new Operation, is available for play! The Trandoshan mercenary warlord Kephess has seized the planet Denova, a world rich in resources valuable to the war effort. Players must assault his war camp, situated atop a mountain in densely-wooded terrain, fighting Imperial defectors and heavy war machines along the way. 8- and 16-player Story and Hard Modes are currently available for this Operation.
Sebah - Jedi Knight Guardian