Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is madness viable against skilled players in PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Is madness viable against skilled players in PvP?

InariOkami
03.15.2012 , 09:04 PM | #1
I've toyed around with every spec and have always come back to madness (7/3/31). I absolutely hated darkness and enjoyed deception but not as much as madness. I've always done extremely well in warzones but I've started to play against some of the best on my server and I'm beginning to question if madness is still more effective than deception. It seems deception can drop even the best healers, and seeing as how madness doesn't have the burst to do that (although I still dominate lesser skilled players), I'm starting to think maybe i should reroll deception to be more effective against more skilled players.

And don't bring up darkness. I'm not going darkness.

Alwaysx
03.15.2012 , 09:45 PM | #2
Honestly, it sounds like you're trying to play Deception-spec'd while being Madness-spec'd.

Solo-ing skilled/geared healers from 100-0 as a Madness doesn't work very well, unless you're willing to spend over a minute focusing him down. It's more about contributing/adding damage than bursting/assassinating single targets.

Darth_Xzygy
03.15.2012 , 11:48 PM | #3
Agreed. Madness can't blow everything and drop a target. However, you can do a lot of damage to anything nearby.

Sometimes, though, it is better to keep a healer focused on themselves rather than kill them. They could be back in 20s, and deception won't have the cool downs to drop them again. Sometimes better to just tie them up while your team demolishes theirs